Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a little pig that tipped the boga at 8.25#'s. Not a true slob by any means but it certainly had my attention when it hit my whole white crab. We also had some c-bass and scup mixed in. The fall bottom fishing has definately started up here in the Ny area.

Tight lines and shorter skirts. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would your wife get mad if she saw this in her sink?

:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Great catch

Way to go Addict. Now thats what im talking about.

MC

·
Registered
634 Posts
never caught one of those...cant wait to catch one..they look like a strong fish...how good are they to eat?comparable to what type of fish?...good job on the catch!

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Nice Looking Sink

Now that's what a kitchen sink should always look like after a day's fishing. Nice catch Addict.:D

Catman.:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I would like my sink to look like that! Nice job I hope to be able to do the same next week.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Tog cleanning help?

Hey Addict;I caught one Tog this weekend and I don't know how to clean it.Do you you fillet it?If I wanted to scale,behead,and gutt is it possibile?Some guys told me they just fillet and take the skin off.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kajun - strong as an ox. People have told me like grouper action (never had a grouper had).

HappyPappy - you can always filet it and most people do. If you want to scale and gut, it's possible but the scales are a little tricky to get off. It take a lot more time to do this than other species. I usually bleed, fillet, and scale just the head and tail part. I will eat the fillets and make fish head soup with the head and rack.

Thanks for all the "nice catches". Get out there folks, doesn't matter what you catch, just go fish.

PS: coco - got your pm and I too found another job and will be working again. :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Fish Head soup is the best. My parents make that and it's so good. One of these days I'm gonna have to ask for the recipe. As far as Tog go, the skin is really squishy, and the scales are really small. It's much easier to fillet it. BTW nice catch Addict.
-Anthony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts