Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice job. Im not trying to jack your thread or anything but if your fishing for reds I would use the heaviest rod and reel you can get away with so you can get the fish in the boat and back in the water quickly and revive it. Fighting it on light tackle will exhaust the fish during the fight making it alot harder for the fish to revive.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well Im aproaching the 500 mark on my long rods,and have lost count of boat fish because they dont count anyway with the people I run with. The rod and reel in question werent that light, well sorta not to bad. 7"6' hurricane redbone med heavy action with daiwa 3500 team advantage spinner, got her loaded down with 8lb braid which = 30lb mono with 50lb mono shock with a 10/0 owner circle. Whiped that little 50lber in about 15 minutes, I mean I really put the heat to her, she swam off jumpin for joy that she had just met me cause all her kenfolk has been talkin about me for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.