Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my friend went out on the willoughby marina pier today 1pm to 4pm...he caught about 7 spot and a 22 1/4" flounder.....he caught it on a 3" croaker...he left it on my doorstep iced down for me to clean .....i've caught prob close to 200 flounder this summer at rudee's and NO keepers ... this guy maybe caught 10 this summer and gets a keeper :mad: can you tell i'm jealous? lol..well i fillet'd him up ...he's gonna be dinner on friday:)

i salted down all the spot...cut the heads off for puppy drum and keeping the bodys for the stripers

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Man thats a nice fish! Thats always the way it happens!:rolleyes: At least you get to eat it.:D

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Kajun,Do not fret.Your time will come.Out of the many years I have fished for the ever elusive and state-wide sized flattie,I finally did good this summer from the surf.Grant you,it may not be as big as the ones I caught in the boat this past summer,but the flatties from the shore and jetties have been more abundant.

I have yet to prove the theory of bigger baits mean bigger fish,cause I have a many keeper off a month old 3 inch menhaden.
With that stated,I have caught lil cookie cutters while dragging a 10 in piece of bluefish belly.
So Kajun,keep yer head up.Try different bates,retrieives,rigs...ect.
you will be greatly rewarded,eventually

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea what i'm hoping for is a smaller size limit next year....my attention is turning to stripers and reds now...i guess i'll worry about the flounder next year lol...anyway i had fun catching all the flounders i did catch...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts