Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I will be fishing A I Saturday, maybe Sunday morning (if the food and beverages don't run out). We always try to make it down this time of year for the bigger blues - end of October, beginning of November. Reading the board, looks like they haven't shown yet.

We'll be in an older bright red CJ ragtop with a surf rack. If any of you are down that way, stop and say hello.

I'll post a report with pictures (if I can figure it out and if there's anything to take a picture of :rolleyes: )

Jim H.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Make sure you get some FRESH bunker, it helps alot. Water temps still not optimum yet, but could mean fishing later into December, which may be a good thing. Caught lots of shark and skate yesterday, some blues are around and I had a striper what looked to be every bit 30" plus throw the hook on me in the wash(been cussing him and me out ever since).

Be down again some time next week.

Have Jeep will travel.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
And, to fix the last one, driving off the beach last night, was stopped to take a picture for an AI fisherman with TWO frickin' 40"+ stripers, whoa is me .:p

Be down again some time next week.

Have Jeep will travel

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Wow shaggy you must have been mad, been mad, been mad, been mad!:p :D

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Nope, computer thing is messing with me sorry about repeat posts, guess I can only play here when one of my daughters is here to help me. I'm so embarressed:eek:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
LOL it is cool shaggy, nice report too bad on that striper:( Hat and I are looking to head out there again on thur thru sat. Depending on whether I can tolerate the pain from them ripping 3 of my teeth out on wed.:eek:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
What time Thursday? If late morning, stop by Kool Ice, and pick up a flat of fresh (usually in between ten am and noon, and let me know, or I'll have to get the "fresh frozen at about 4pm yuk). I'm figuring either Thursday evening through late Friday afternoon early evening, or early Friday morning through the same. Have to workk Saturday at 7:00am. Transfer did come through early, so now work is about a 30 second drive, bad part is now I can't hit Kool Ice during lunch to pick up me bait. By the way, barefooted most of yesterday, dang it was a pretty day there, and evening though brisk, not unbearable, and a strange "red glow" in the sky, and I gots to get down quick and get me a striper, so I can get that last SOB outta my mind. :)

Have Jeep will travel:D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Northern Lights

Nice report Shaggy! I think that red glow was the "Northern Lights" the news report said they could be seen by the naked eye away from the city..and you were definately away..did you need waders..doing some surf fishing sat. and sun. would rather wear shorts if possible.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Pulled out the waders after the sun started to set. From 5:30 am to about 4pm though barefootin', and it was great considering the time of year it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the heads up Shaggy. I just stopped by Kool Ice and picked up the bunker, iced them down good. I won't come this way tomorrow morning so it was a now or never thing for the bunker. We're also taking peeler, spot (although it didn't look to hot in the cooler), and mullet.
I'll post how it goes either way.

Jim H.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts