Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saturday i took my father,my sons,and a friend of theirs to the annual kids tournament at henlopen pier.it was great to get out and go fishing with my father and my sons,but the real treat was taking this kid that had never been fishing much less ever saw the bay/ocean.this kid had a great time seeing jellyfish,hermit crabs,starfish,and all the other things that we had taken for granted.it was great watching my sons point out things to their friend.this is something i'll be doing more of it really was my pleasure.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I agree and it is sad to see people leaving trash all over the place and not respecting the environment which is those creatures home, not ours. Do they leave trash all over their house? I think not

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Mark

There is a lot to be said about taking someone fishing. When I was on vacation down at Hatteras, I was fishing the sound and some guys and a young teenager came up asking if I was catching anything. I was catching a lot of fish and they mentioned they'd been there all week and caught nothing but 8" croakers. I suggested they go get their poles and they lamented that they had no bait. I told them they could use mine. The teenager had never caught a fish before. The look on his face when he caught two fish at once (double) was priceless.
I quit fishing and let this kid use my pole for a while. I had just as much fun helping these guys catch fish as I had catching them myself.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
This spring when tunafish came down to my neck of th woods fishing th parkway a woman an her kid came down just to watch people fish. This kid asked more questions than I had ever heard asked at one time. :D But my highlight of th day was letting him reel in a coulpe of my fish an seeing th look on his face when I let him cast my small rod. Can't wait till my nephew gets old enuff so I can take him fishing. He's only two but I already have got him a fishing rod. ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
mark. simnce the new road got done, where do i cut off to get to omladen range ?:cool: :cool:

ps. how did the kids do at the tournament ?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Husky & Cdog..Way to go guys You'll probably never forget it just like the kids never will. My hat is off to you gentlemen.

Catman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts