Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pure Fishing just told me that they will be replacing all 3 of my Mitchell Nautil 5600 Pro reels with brand new ones - free of charge! Sweet!

Sandcrab

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terry,

The reels have been discontinued for some time now and I think they do not have the parts on hand to repair them. The reel lower part has a piece of yellow rubber around it to seal it and hence - it must be repaired/replaced by the dealer. I think they just do not want to mess with them.

I bought the first one when they came out years ago - it's the cheap alternative to a VS waterproof reel. They have been my go-to night time jetty reel for years now... I never had any problems with it - just thought it was time to put it in the shop for an overhaul...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terry,

I'll find out when they arrive. I did not hear about any newer waterproof reels on the market though - less VS...(and ZeeBass I think)...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
It'd be interesting if they sent you something sealed. The VS ans ZB's are through the roof on price, at least for me. I wouldn't mind have a sealed reel for wading to bars in Hatteras.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.