Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAH! just kidding...king fished a lil while today after work...

i got a lil 5lb king on a stingsilver on metal rod, was a lil fun :)

oh, nothing else...didnt see any blues caught, few small smacks, thats abooout it.

Jesse

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I was right,,, someone said they saw a monster on the pier and I said "It was more than like just Jesse" :p

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
this is the first time i have heard of anyone catching king mackerel from a pier using something over than live bait. do got-cha pluggers(i don;t think thats even a word but) catch small kings?

·
Registered
5 Posts
why yes indeed they do catch kings on gotcha plugs. yesterday i was out on the sheraton pier in atlantic beach and i caught a blue marlin on a gotcha plug. it was incredible

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
this is the first time i have heard of anyone catching king mackerel from a pier using something over than live bait. do got-cha pluggers(i don;t think thats even a word but) catch small kings?
Yeap,I've caughtem up to 20lbs with a gotcha off the pier,up to 30 out of a boat... I use a 6" strand of 36lb wire no swivel,albright connecting the wire to the running line... Yeap it works great,especially when the water is clear and kings seem to be "window shopping" with the baits.....

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeap,I've caughtem up to 20lbs with a gotcha off the pier,up to 30 out of a boat... I use a 6" strand of 36lb wire no swivel,albright connecting the wire to the running line... Yeap it works great,especially when the water is clear and kings seem to be "window shopping" with the baits.....
ooooo, now a 20lber from the pier pluggin would be fun :D

Jesse

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
never thought kings will attack any thing smaller than a 10 inch baitfish
I've caught them on 3oz bucktails as well....

Friend of mine was in the coast guard in the 60's.. He was in Diamond Shoals light doing duty there several times... He has told me he used to use a white rag and a hook to catchem... ;)

·
Banned
1,407 Posts
Saw a 13 inch king caught on a gotcha at LIP in 97.
you can put a hurtin on snakes with a gotcha plug from a boat.
elephants eat peanuts, just look @ Jesse

1 - 20 of 23 Posts