Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 mini blues, 3 spot, an 18" blue and 15" rock.

Had some really rude people there last night, one couple couldn't stop yapping - they were in the corner and were throwing out about 50 feet... all they caught was jellyfish. The guy to their right kept a running count of the times that my line and his got caught as he and I were both casting over the corner couple. I think what really bothered him was that I told him to throw his 14" rockfish back. He tried to pretend that he didn't speak english -- so I busted out my primitive Korean on him -- surprised the heck out of him... told him I knew he spoke english... eeish.

I saw about four other illegal rocks pulled up - but they were all released. All the blues brought up were small, the spot were actually bigger by girth and weight. Not as many crab as last thursday, there were large schools of minnows though (not alewives) - the needle noses were rushing into them and causing them to break. Some blues were caught right under the pier.

Is it me or is a ten fish night becoming a good night

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah 10 fish a night is not a bad night nowadays. Kudos on keeping them poachers at bay! Even if you had to break out the old korean language;) Hopefully in a month or two the fishing will really heat up!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey FL,
What is the average amount of fish that should be caught this time of year? Since this is my first year on the bay I have nothing to compare it to.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Lately I've been averaging 50-100 fish per trip. But most of them have been small spot and perch. The amount of fish I bring home is much less than that. I usually end up with around 5-15 worth keeping, unless the jumbo spot are running thick, then I can usually bag a dozen or two of those. The blues seems to be moving into the bay now so the trout should follow soon. With the fall just around the corner, things should be heating up real soon.
-Anthony

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sometimes for me though I don't mind catching the small fish. It gives me something to do and gets me out to the beach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts