Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the surf in Garden City Yesterday,

8 Pompano (the size of my hand or smaller)
5 pinfish
1 whiting
1 ray (the size of the hood of my jeep)
5 sharks less than 2ft. long

everything was caught on sand fleas (which were big and thick) except the ray, found a lone mullet washed up on the beach. Water was kinda clear with some small debris (quarter size or less) floating around. Not much current, tide was all the way out and rising, fished until 11:00pm. heading back out today.

note to Kingfish...... MAG Elite manhandled the ray, I wish it could have been something more of a big "game fish" but hey, I'll take what I can get.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only one and he was the biggest, about 10 or 11 inches. I also tried to call you yesterday as well to see if you wanted to go, straight to voicemail. You must have someone screening your calls, I don't blame you though, you are a very important member of society, J/K I will get in touch with you when I get back from Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
easy now there Brit. :D I am actually leaving right about now to go fish, will report back later tonight.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was assuming that you only reported when the fishing wasn't great. When the fishing is great, you're supposed to keep quite for a while so all us Tennesseans don't show up!

Just kidding with ya Brandon! Hope you caught something tonight! My brother is over for the week. He fished my spot yesterday morning but only caught a whiting. I'm sure he will keep trying until he runs out of all the rigs I tied for him! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts