Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to BP today to get me another 12' for my birthday.For the first time I picked up an OM 12', they are enormous.Everyone says that they're good heavers whitch is probably so but they're really heavier than what I expected.For a year and a half i fished with a 12' beefstick now yall can say what you want but they almost weigh the same give or take a couple ounces.I could not bring myself to pay 140 for the beefstick twin.Befoe you guys say anything I have throwed 8&B on the beefsick plenty of times, and never had a problem.I know the om has better guides but i just cant see 140 for a tree trunk,guess the Satiga 12' has grew on me or maybe i just needed to vent ,sorry guys maybe i just like slim fishn rods
:fishing:

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had a beef stick and threw 8nb with it but not as far as my omcp will I would say about 25-35 yrds dif give or take I dont recall there being a big weight diff but never thought about it not only that the om will throw more I have thrown 10 and big mullet head with all I have and had now problam .

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I had the same problem with the OM 12'. I owned a Beefstick 12' for a while and just never really liked how it felt. Then I bought a 10' OM and loved it. The next year I decided to move up and bought a 12' OM. It was too heavy for me, and didn't balance well in my hands like the 10' did. I took it back and traded it for another 10'. Then I managed to find an OMCP 12' at a decent price and I grabbed it. The Cape Point is considerably lighter than the regular OM and the Beefstick. Plus it balances right at the reel and will throw a brick.

Evan

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got a 12' OM for 89 bucks for a buck 40 I don't no if you don't got the mad money stick to what you got SS. A lot of BIG spenders here,save some loot for bait, gas,and :beer:

·
Registered
352 Posts
my 2 cents on the rod.

i have 2 om cape point 12's. at first i loved the rod slingin' 6 or 8 n bait.

don't get me wrong, i love these rods. but unfortunately, the only gripe i have about this rod is the plate seat. it just never gave me that warm fuzzy.

i took both of mine to a local rod builder and had the plate seats changed to the regular Fuji reel seats. (size: DPS26 if interested)

well worth the extra money for me to have that little added insurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.