Penn Model No. 535GS
Reel Type: Conventional Bait Casting
(Non-Level Wind)
Line Capacity: 400yds./15lb.test
Gear Ratio: 6-1
(High Speed - Fast Retreive)
4 Stainless Ball Bearings
Weight 20oz.

Note: Earl Brinn may be reached via email at [email protected] and will be more than happy to provide you a price quote on the mag conversion for the Penn 535GS. Earl and his son Jeff regulary post here on Saltwater Surf Fisherman and have always been more than willing to help out their fellow fisherman. Earl is a good man and I recommend him for the job

I tried to e-mail Mr.Brinn,but have yet to get a response.
Does any1 currently own a re-magged 535,and is it worth magging?
I love the 525Mag-and would like to purchase another 1,but the 535 holds a lot more line,so If I had my pick,it would be the 535,re-magged.

And how much is this re-magging gonna cost?

·
Registered
194 Posts
While surfing the web, I've come across a couple of people who've magged their 535's. Seems the cost is minimal and the job itself is not a big deal. Of course, this guy in particular may be a mechanical genius, but I doubt it.

If you strike out with that guy, PM me and I'll try to get in touch with one of the guys I was talking to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
looking at the directions, it looks pretty straight forward. as a matter of fact, it looks just like the process for the squidder and jigmaster. btw...I saw the 535 on sale for $99...when I get home, I'll try to post the link.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you want more line capacity, just fill yer 525 with 20# Fireline Flame Green, it'll hold 425yds, plus a lil mono backing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
535 mag--(adjustable)

Nserch4Drum, A 535 mag that is adjustable, is available at (veals.co.uk). I asked Neil Mackellow about this reel several weeks ago, and he said that this reel is a standard 535gs with a special endplate made in the UK, with a knobby type magnet similar to the 525 magT. It does not have the 525mag type spool. There is no picture available on veals website. The price is L99.99/$160.803 plus S&H. Hope this helps, Larry.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts