Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trolled from CB inlet to johnny mercers pier and only picked up 1 spanish. Caught some nice black drum in the back waters. Last weekend for me in the boat.....too many jackasses on the water......

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Trolled from CB inlet to johnny mercers pier and only picked up 1 spanish. Caught some nice black drum in the back waters. Last weekend for me in the boat.....too many jackasses on the water......
i hear ya on the boat traffic man. thank god in 2 weeks i start being off mon/tues again for the whole summmerrrr

works out great as far as fishing goes for sure.

Jesse

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
At least you caught a couple fish Spot Tail Hunter... I don't know if you guys see as many dumb watermen down there as we see on the Chesapeake Bay, but I feel your pain..

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
At least you caught a couple fish Spot Tail Hunter... I don't know if you guys see as many dumb watermen down there as we see on the Chesapeake Bay, but I feel your pain..
yep, specially since its startin to get warm, more and more people are coming down from raleigh etc, and public ramps are just a zoo, and most of the local spots are zoo's...

even if you do run offshore a little ways and get on ur own spot w/ fish, people will come up and anchor near you because they dont know any spots of their own lol.

Jesse

·
3,775 Posts
Report...Inlet

We went out yesterday through CB inlet...What a fright. Had several waves about come over the bow, then one did.

I cant believe we didnt flip over backwards and the motor (yamaha) never quit. Even though we put the transom stright down in the drink. Kyle and I had knee deep water in the boat with menhaden swimming around until we got out far enough to put our gear back together and get them back in the livewell..

We trolled towards Masonboro, then anchored, chumed for cobia...Nothing but a huge ray.

I still can believe we are not minus a 18 foot center console.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
We went out yesterday through CB inlet...What a fright. Had several waves about come over the bow, then one did.

I cant believe we didnt flip over backwards and the motor (yamaha) never quit. Even though we put the transom stright down in the drink. Kyle and I had knee deep water in the boat with menhaden swimming around until we got out far enough to put our gear back together and get them back in the livewell..

We trolled towards Masonboro, then anchored, chumed for cobia...Nothing but a huge ray.

I still can believe we are not minus a 18 foot center console.

damn dude lol , bogue inlet is nasty as well on some SW wind + Outgoing tide. you literally have no choice but to go through breakers, very tight together, like goin over a friggin shoal constantly, in the next year or so, some serious work is going to have to be done around that inlet, or major problems are gonna happen..

Jesse

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Can numbe rnine is no longer in the inlet here at CB but washed up on Masonboro. I cant believe the charter boats can even get out.
damn thats nuts, yeah i dont think any big traffic can even get outa bogue.

they just got done movin' some bouys around i believe, looked funny last time i was out.

Makes things interesting on a SW wind lol

Jesse

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, been lurking around here for a while, alot of great reports and info. I know what u mean about boat traffic. With the "renovations" at CB St. Park I knew it was going to be a crazy year at "all" the other ramps. Sold my boat 2 months ago and couldn't be happier. Been picking up a few keeper flatties the last 3 weekends in the ICWW from shore....... no crowds.... yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.