Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Terrapin park on Saturday for the first time because I thought that SPSP would be packed. Got there around 3, and there were good number of people fishing already. Caught white perches for fist couple of hours then the big one hit. I forgot to adjust the drag and the fish bent my snap open 5 seconds after the hooking her. I was so bitter at my mistake. Around dusk, another big bite, and this time my drag was set right, and I wasn't gonna make any mistakes. After about 10 minutes, I caught my personal best striper at 15 LBs
:cool:
I think Terrapin park is a great place to fish, although the walk to the beach is kinda long, and it can get crowded (never new this place was this popular).

·
Registered
467 Posts
hey Skate Magnet,

Where is terrapin Park and how do you get there?

MC

" Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To get to the Terrapin Park: Get off of same exit as you would go to Metapeak, but insteading making right turn at the ramp, you make left turn. Make left turn at the 2nd traffic light (left on first light takes you back to Rt50). When you make the turn you'll see signs to directing you to the park. You'll drive through some office complex and little entrace to the park is found on your left side. Park opens from dawn to dusk :).

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey skate spsp wasn't that packed on sat I was there. We didn't catch anything until the afternoon though. Was the wind as bad over there during the day? Good job on personal best. Still looking for mine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was at Terrapin also on sat. It was way to crowded. Did not catch much but was really dissapointed with how crowded it was. With the amount of walking it took to get there I did not think there would be much people there. And yes the lines were getting crossed also. Never had that problem on a beach before.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
How many people can safely fish the park? I have been through the parking lot and it only holds a handfull of cars. I am not crazy about loose cannons :eek:slinging lead all around me - and PP or braid complicate it even further.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The beach at Terrapin park is long enough to hold lots of people... It's just that after 1/2 mile of walk to get to the beach people decide to squeeze in next to you, instead of walking down 50 more yards for a wide open beach. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts