Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I think we're psyched enough to do the surf fishing thing this summer when we're down. Now I want to try the point or someplace 4x4 accesible. Who rent's jeeps or something like them? Can't afford to buy one this year, but might just spend the $$$ to rent one for a day for fun and the experience.

Thanks
DG

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Domestic_Goddess said:
OK, I think we're psyched enough to do the surf fishing thing this summer when we're down. Now I want to try the point or someplace 4x4 accesible. Who rent's jeeps or something like them? Can't afford to buy one this year, but might just spend the $$$ to rent one for a day for fun and the experience.

Thanks
DG
I think Cape Point Exon here in Buxton,but it's not cheap..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Drumdum. I know it won't be. I wonder if it is more than $100 for the day? Oh, well, it will be just one of those experiences for us and hopefully worth the $$$ for it.

Thanks again.
DG

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
4X4 Rentals

- -

U-Save 4x4 rentals, Point Harbor 252-491-8500 / 800-685-9938 $89.95 a day with 100 free miles and 20 cents a mile after that.

Outer Banks Chrysler - Plymouth - Dodge, Kill Devil Hills 252-441-1146 $99.95 a day with 75 free miles and 25 cents a mile after that.

Buxton Under The Sun, Buxton 252-995-6047 $90 a day with no mileage charge.

Cape Point Exxon, Buxton 252-995-5695 $100 a day with no mileage charge.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Check enterprise rent-a-car. you will be able to get it cheaper. usually 250 miles free. you only have to fail to tell them it is going off road. (but I am not recommending that;) )

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks wizardude. That's just what I needed and just the prices I figured we'd pay.

And bassn, I think straight up is the only way to go. Honesty all the way for me. ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
D_G,

I hear ya, but nothing wrong with taking rental cars off road, I know, worked there a long time. you are responsible for all damage you cause though. The xtra insurance does not cover off road use, and it is poss that your personal insurance will not cover it either. Just trying to help...

todd:D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Bassn......been using enterprise for many a year..always good people and prolly run across ya before....as they say: Where does a rental car go...? ANYWHERE !!!....the R

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
D_G,

Rented an old International from Buxton Under the Sun in 1989 before my first 4X4. Remember enough to recommend them too :cool:

Have fun as it's well worth the price of admission for a day or two :D And should set you on a course to your own 4X4 :p

`bucket

and hey ya need transportation anyway ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I appreciate all the help and I know no one was recommending being dishonest. It would be my own dumb fault if we took it off road without reading the fine print. I'm going to check things out now to make sure we got things squared away. We had hopes of getting the 4x4 this year but our kids braces have gotten in the way of that.:( Some year I hope.

TL
DG

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hey D G, let me know when you are going down and maybe we can work something out. There anit noyhing like drive the beach.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts