Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did target pompano, lots of sand fleas.........and did not catch, let alone see any. nice breeze kept it comfortable, and also bought forth a fighter wing of flies to eat us up. caught the two smallest sharks i have ever seen, both under 12 inches and a few scate. perhaps a change of wind direction is needed to shake it up as now it is SLOW:confused:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Permit,

You didn't miss much at Lynnhaven pier on the 4th either. I fished it that Friday morning 6-11am targeting Blues & Spanish to no avail. Ended up catching a crab trap line and hauling it in and fixing and played with some crabs. Also got desperate and broke out squid and double drop bottom rig just to catch something.

Lee "I might become a P&S board member some day" Howell and I caught bunch very small grunts, pins, sea bass, and a silver sand perch. Fished a live pinfish twice off end - no takers. Plugged Gotcha on and off while there not a bump.

Folks were doing OK on blue crabs using raw yard bird and heard some spot were caught on incoming tide at night `bout it.

Plan to sling a Stingsilver from N. end of VaBeach this evening w/the kids just to get out and play in the sand.

Thanks for the report as I was wondering if anything (especially Spanish Macs) did much on 4th :cool:

Good fishin'

`bucket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.