Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the water clarity around sandbridge has gone way downhill in the past two days. the ocean is now full of grass as well, which had been non existent in recent days. i spoke with some guys on the pier around 2, and they were catching skates and more skates. just prior to the late afternoon thunderstorms i slung some metal from the beach for 45 minutes, but caught nothing. grass on 95% of my casts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the post. I almost went out this afternoon, then it started raining something crazy. Debating whether to trek out for sunset tonight or not..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Its about 2:45am right now, and I just returned from the Lynnhaven Pier. I have seen a BUNCH of skates caught today on squid. People were getting annoyed with it but since I have just now seen my first skates I thought they were pretty intersting.

The fishing action was getting really good while I was out there from 12 to 2. People were catching blues on cut bait and round heads on blood worms. Action was good from the cleaning tables on down to the end.

I saw some guys posted up on the beach next to the pier fishing in the surf and they said they were getting bites but had not yet pulled in a fish.

The day time today was good at times for blues and round head and a few croaker but it was on and off. A lot of skates being caught though.

Are blue fish good to eat? Most people I see throw them back. Holla if you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts