Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's about time for me, lol!

Got to SPSP at 9.30 and set up on the point. Starting hooking up with a bunch of schoolies around 10.15, and that stayed steady through 11.30 or so with five released.

At 11.55 I was helping the guy next to me with a keeper rock (29") that he landed with my back to my rig when he starts screaming "Yours! Yours!"... well I nearly tripped over myself turning and lunging for the rod, but I got it and made the set. Five minutes (that seemed like 20 minutes) later I had a nice 36" rock with great girth up on the beach. :cool:

Sadly, the guy who I helped land his thought I was insane for not sticking this girl in a bag in my car and coming back to try for more-- he seemed truly shocked that I had my one for the day and was willing to leave.

Anyway, besides me and that guy and his friend the beach was empty this morning, right up until I left at 12.30-- I htink one more guy had shown up in addition to one poor SOB who broke his rod on his first cast and had to call it a very early day.

Tight lines!

Bob

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What where you using for bait and how big of a rod were you using and what type of rig.I might try next week sometime.My LUCK HAS TO CHANGE SOMETIME SOON. :eek:

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Broke a rod casting? How do you break a rod casting? I can see slamming it in a car door - but casting? :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Must have had a nick or a crack on that rod to brake it. Congratz on that nice fish. I'm tempted to take a sick leave and head to SPSP. I have fished SPSP 5 times and I seem to do better on left side of the point this year, rather than right at the point.

Tight Lines~

·
Registered
20 Posts
How long will the striper run last? I won't be able to get out until next week so I hope it last for a little while longer.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blood worms on a 10' Shakespeare with a Daiwa Jupiter 5500s spooled with 20lb mono/80lb leader. Had a black wire bottom rig with two 2/0 offset worm hooks.

Between today and Tuesday, I've seen quite a few keeper rocks up on the beach. Hell, I may play hooky yet again this week (it's good to work for yourself sometimes, lol) and head back up tomorrow morning.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I'm playing hooky myself today (Thursday) and tomorrow. Fished Sandy Pt. today and got several little guys, a croaker, and a 31". I also saw four or five others around 30" brought in in the space of about 45 minutes. Then it went dead.

Gotta' love the spring run!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Saw turboandy snap an eliminator in half during a cast. Just as he slammed the rod forward with the top hand, the blank snapped. Can't remember if it was a 4 ounce or a 6. Rod didn't even have any nicks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts