Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from wally world with a 300,000 candlepower underwater light. It is supposed to make bubbles as well. has anyone tried one of these on the pier? Can't help but think it would work great for trout at night. It was only 12 clams figgered it was worth a try.

·
Registered
57 Posts
BigIsland, is that thing battery powered? I think that would be awesome over here on base.

Dan

·
Registered
291 Posts
haha thats a fish magnaet right there. I always thought light attracted fish. Always worked good for me around structure. Even saw my grandmother catch the biggest croaker i have ever seen by a lattern we had on the beach.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this thing is powered by 12vdc. I don't know how much current it will draw but IO figure it will last a good while on my trolling battery. It's about the size of a flashlight and is supposed to rattle as well when it heats up. It says not to run it out of water so it must get pretty hot. I know 300,000cp is very bright so i figure I'm gonna try it out at harrisons when the pan trout start running at night.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS. Dan, thanks for your service to our country. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all service men who are serving to protect our country from evil. Tight lines to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts