Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sports authority has a 30% sale on all items in store including items already marked down.
fpr instance i picked up a penn 6500ss for 76.00 including tax. you need the coupon from the front section of todays paper. they have a good supply of rods,reels,waders,rifles,shotguns,trolling motors,bottom machines,gps ect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks,
Went by today and picked up a shimano spheros 4000 for only 55 bucks. Not a bad deal at all. Plan on puting it on a rod i'm building right now. I think it will fit it perfect. Well good luck to all.
Tim

·
Registered
45 Posts
Beware the "Calypso" fishing rods at Sports Authority. I was looking for a Tuna stick for my April trip to the gulf of Mexico, and picked up a 6' "Calypso" rod with roller ferrules. Got it home, the reel seat was cocked off about 12.5 degrees from true, and no way to fix it. I took it back, and they happily refunded my money, because ALL of them are like that. The guy working the fishing dept., said not only that, but he had snapped 3 of them that looked OK, fishing for Stripers. He said "We sell them, but they're Chinese Junk." To his credit, he sent me to Bass Pro, where a solid glass rod that works can be had for about the same amount of change. They're on their website, click "saltwater", then "rods", then scroll down to the "Offshore Angler" rod section. Those rods are BassPro's store brand.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Thanks for the coupon tip! Picked up
a Penn 4300 for $50. Trying to find a
decent one-piece rod to match at
Wal-Mart has been fun. No luck yet.
Saw a couple All-Star rods at the
Chesapeake Square Wal-Mart for $40 each.

The annual Wal-Mart fishing clearance
is getting into gear. Some Wal-Marts
have not started quite yet. I'm hoping
for the $1.00 lures of last year.
The prices incrementally roll back so
be patient!

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I guess all the stores are having a good sale to make money before the BPS moves into your neighborhood this fall?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts