Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started off with sprinkles,but then came the rain.
Scratched that fishin itch again and made my way to Sandbridge to soak some baits and try my luck at some Catching.Fished the out going tide,There are still some nice sloughs and troughs,even with the dredging.No bird activity except around the net-boats.
Fished for 3 hours in the rain-2 skates and clumps of grass for my efforts and lost and had baits stolen to my delightment.
I may complain and b*tch about catchin' skates all the time @ Sandbridge,but I got optimistic that the water and weather will be warm enough soon to fish for other species.
Tight lines and warmer water temps! :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey N4D, you braved it huh! I had to install a new dryer we got Sat. afternoon and play with my new Fish-N-Mate Sr. Like yours. Sweeeeet! Soon as the water warms, we'll hook up! No since in even trying at less than 50 degrees.

:cool:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,I guess I am a Glutton for punishment.Saw people with poles parking at the pier,But didn't see anyone fishing.Probably no body was nutty enough to fish during that cold miserable rainy day,but me!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey N4D,

I'm proud to know a dedicated fisherman like you, even if it is only via internet. (was it dedication or just plain missin fishin? maybe both.)

Ya did better than me. Me and the Kid hit Avalon pier on the OBX on Saturday. - Not a nibble. Water temp down there was still 44!

I pretty much agree with Surf&Turf "No sence in even trying at less than 50 degrees." But who said I've got sence?.....I'm tired of not fishin. I'll probably hit the surf again, no matter what the water temp. :D

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting the rust off the 12 footer(casting and spinning).Man my wrist,arms and shoulder are sore!But -NO pain No gain!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thank you "Nserch", I'm glad to see that someone has picked up the torch. It's possible that you could catch a record Rockfish this time of year. Certainly only those with bait in water have the opportunity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts