• Daylight Hours at Sandbridge then move to Seagull Pier after dark

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems it's going to be between Sandbridge and Seagull Pier.
With these two as finalists, lets do another poll to really nail it down.

Two things to keep in mind is that Sandbridge is not handicap accessible (making it difficult for mobility impaired)................and Seagull does not allow alcoholic beverages, at least I don't think it does.

One more thing..............for those who need to take a nap before hitting the road, there's plenty of room to set up a sleeping bag on Seagull. So.............

take notes from the first poll......
http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6013

and...........................

Let the Voting Begin!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
TA....never heard of a run-off when there was a clear winner in a race.......the R

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I read the posts from the first poll correctly.......

at least one member was unaware there was a curfew at Sandbridge.

So given this.........I feel a new poll is in order. Cause some who may want to change their votes will now have the opportunity to do so. No opportunity to change a first vote on a poll. One basically has to live with their choice. Cause what's written in individual posts probably isn't taken into consideration.

It ain't over til it's over!

Just my 02...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing to add to my above post.

Lesner was to have been the "spot." But given options, some saw in favor of Sandbridge. At the time I submitted "this poll" the votes showed 19 for Sandbridge and 12 for Seagull. If memory serves me correctly...late yesterday afternoon the vote was 9 for Seagull. I believe it didn't change for Sandbridge. This also is a reason why I felt a new poll was in order. Having everyone's final decision is what it's all about. What can it hurt?

It's not like we're voting for President!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Good thinken TA ...prolly a few changed minds after reading thru posts........Personally I want to go where we will have the best chance to catch fish.......I have not seen a POSITIVE post regarding Seagull this year.Sandbridge isnt much better (but a bit) and it seems to me it might be a little late for pups and drummies,spot ,croaker.etc.......The most optimistic location according to previous posts,though I haven't fished it in years,appears to be the base of cbbt (chix beach).I think those that fish it regularly could chime in with their opinion here and help out on the decision.They shouldnt mind a little company for a day....the R

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
To be quite honest Advisor

I would liked to have seen the old Harrison Pier site as one of the choices on this poll. Would have made good PR showing the continued interest for fishing in that area and the need for a pier replacement. For some reason:rolleyes: it was omitted from the first poll. So we will never know what might have been.

I'm comfortable with the three options in this poll. Sandbridge in the day only.......or Seagull in the day only...or Sandbridge day combined with Seagull night.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Re: To be quite honest Advisor

Thrifty Angler said:
I would liked to have seen the old Harrison Pier site as one of the choices on this poll. Would have made good PR showing the continued interest for fishing in that area and the need for a pier replacement. For some reason:rolleyes: it was omitted from the first poll. So we will never know what might have been.
Sorry TA, I left a coulpe of places off th poll that I thought parking might be a problem ie. chicks an Harrisons old spot. I apologize.

·
Registered
634 Posts
yea...lets nail this coffin shut and get a thread saying date,time and place directions...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kajun

It's your call. Between you and Crawfish, seems Sandbridge has always been tops as far as location goes.

There are a lot of folks who want to meet up. Quite a few have voted in favor of each of the three choices. Not much different than the earlier poll........yet there were differences. A lot of votes for fishing at Sandbridge during the day. Some voted to do so then move to Seagull at night. That shows their interest in meeting with other members who, for many different reasons I am sure, would rather be on a pier. Look at the numbers. Then there are the votes for fishing Seagull in the daytime. Quite possibly some will more than likely be staying til after dark. That would show their willingness to meet with the Sandbridge daytime members.

With this said.......why can't there be a meeting of the minds? Should everyone be limited to doing it "your way" only or not get any consideration at all. You guys changed your minds from the original proposal of meeting at Lesner. Nothing is written in stone.

You want to nail the coffin shut? Well, get to it. It's not my funeral. Do what ever in h*ll you want to do. I'm done with it.

BTW: Don't view me as a sore loser of sorts..........because I did not cast my vote. Didn't need to cause I have wanted to do the "right thing" from the start.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One last thing

Suprising how neither of the main players came forward with a post during this poll process to suggest a compromise!:(

·
Registered
634 Posts
wow...i did or said nothing to deserve this....you might want to re-read the 3 posts on this subject and point out to me where i wanted everyone to this MY way......only thing i have done is suggest a poll....majority rules... thats it....i can care less who shows up and who dont..i am not the organizer or a "main player" in this, all i know is i will be fishing at sandbridge on nov 22...

anytime there is a large group of ppl trying to get together theres always gonna be someone who dont agree or cant make it or whatever the reason.. cant or wont go.. so thats why a poll was used and majority rules TWICE.....yes..its really that simple....i didnt do anything to influence or suggest sandbridge in any way ....actually from re-reading the first thread on this.. YOU were the one who suggested sandbridge ...so you need to direct your anger at yourself.. not me

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Allright people lets simmer down please!

I cannot believe we are about to start a fight over a P&S gathering. Dosen't seem right to me.:rolleyes:

Everybody step back an take a deep breath OK?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kajun, Kajun, Kajun

True I did suggest Sandbridge as an alternative. If you reread the posts in the below link you'll see just how seriously I was taken. It wasn't until Digger suggested Sandbridge that a light bulb lit up to the possibility. I believe that was quite a few posts down the thread after mine.

I am a "go getter", not a "go fer". Just what does one have to do to be taken seriously. Quite a few folks seemed to think Sandbridge might be ok. They sure didn't get positive feed back until the magical question was asked.........Where would you suggest we hold this? And that was how many posts down from my suggestion?
http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=5875

Don't take it personally. Getting results was the key. Had to step on a few toes maybe by pointing out the obvious. But it was all for the benefit of everyone that didn't get consideration in the first poll. And although I was not a designated spokesperson, I don't see anyone jumping down my throat for bringing up the second poll. Fair representation. Plain and simple. Look at the numbers!

Got to give you credit though...........you sure projected the winner.....before the final votes were even counted.
http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6146

And as I stated earlier, I am not a sore loser. And neither am I angry. Was hoping for a different response from ya though. But I guess that's one thing you wouldn't go fer.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts