Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up at the 2nd Avenue Pier in Myrtle Beach this morning. Got out at the opening and nailed me a nice spot on the end of the pier. Had to pay kingfishing price for it, but that's what I came for. However, no kings. Pretty much nothing else, either. Absolutely beautiful day, low-mid 80's, very light wind, water calm and clean. Did see the biggest blue in a long time hit a king rig as well as the biggest toadfish in my life. Sucker was about the size of a kid's football. Lot's of pinfish and small croakers caught, lot's of consequently happy kids. I think I finally have the king rig setup down pat, now all I need is a king.:rolleyes:

By the way, if you haven't been to 2nd Avenue Pier, you should definitely make the trip if you're ever in the MB area. I talked with the manager there today and he's going to send me the info and address of their website, everything you guys might want to know. Look for it soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the report, I'll be vacationing there at the pier next week. Plan on fishing most of the time while the wife and kids play on the beach. I'm glad it sounds like there will be some action on the pier to keep the kids happy when they fish with me. I still consider myself a rookie to saltwater, although I've done it several times over the years. I have enjoyed fishing at 2nd ave over the last few times I've been to Myrtle Beach. I'm happy catching anything, as long as it tugs on the line.
Do they still provide the umbrellas for shade? Also, I'd really appreciate any tips from anyone on catching fish from the pier
next week. I'll probably be there everyday..... Thanks

BTW.. the web link is http://www.2ndavepier.com/pier/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts