Pier and Surf Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Garbo you gotta mark your .300blk mags, or get different colored ones. .300blk is a good round for stopping man-sized targets in your house, and even better with a can and subsonic. I fully intend to shoot a couple deer with mine in a few weeks.

Havent caught a drum this year, hopefully get out and fish soon, been a busy work load. I did manage to find a chunky 21" Virginia smallie on Friday. Replica being made as soon as I find a good company to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I won't have to paint or buy different colored mags or get rubber bands with caliber printed or paint the gun orange and use only orange mags in the orange gun, because I will not be getting a 300 Black Out. I have a 6.5 Grendel AR15 and those cartridges have such a unique look to them and even an old person like myself can tell the difference.

If a man sized target enters my home with evil intent, I am going to slice-dice him up with my kitchen knife selection. I bought a paper wheel sharpening set and mounted in on a bench grinder. It took me a while to learn, but now my knives get razor sharp in seconds, not 10 minutes as with the Lansky sharpening system. It is similar to the Flying Ginsu system, that the CIA used on Ayman al-Zawahri but without the Drone.

I wanted this to see if I can still shoot long range targets. So I got this instead of the 300 Black Out.

Wood Tool Rectangle Electric blue Metal

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well back to drum fishing.........Just left Hatteras around 6:00AM this morning. Few puppy drum and that was IT. Saw very very few fish caught...........it was HOT, damn bugs galore and it was time to go. Dunked a F15 and blew up a fathom within 15 minutes.........(n):mad: Surf was getting rough when we left. This trying to plan ahead and using a long range forecast sucks....hoping for better times in about 3-4 weeks......Garbo drum pro Lee said he is yet to see you......and he is not sharing any info. NONE.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I have been extremely busy at work, it may not happen for me but for a long weekend or so this Fall. It is a good thing for me to be busy, but the timing is off for the DrumPro Game.

When the surf gets real rough like it is, it is time to go and meet and make new friends at the end of the T, instead of heading home.

DrumPros will all be at that Whalebone spot at opening. the one near the 7-11 and KFC tomorrow. I checked the webcam and it looks like Kinnakeet spot was about to get blown out, or it already has been.

So both Twins and GolfPro and HollywoodDrumPro and DrumPRoNick and likely DrumProLee and and BikerDrumPRo and AvonJohnDrumPro and DrumProTomH plus the regular crowd of Pier Vultures at Whalebone Junction will all be under the care of employees of State of North Carolina all day tomorrow till closing time. Plus that Tall RedHead ReplacementMateDrumPRo, you know he will be there. I do not want to talk trash about ReplacementMateDrumPro in case I have to hit him up for bait sometime, or at least paw my way through his bait cooler.

It is tough to net Drum when big smoking sets come in and the Drum decides to fight the net in whitewater, but there are times when the only ones getting bit are pier fellas.

It is also tough to hold bottom, so if the three sided 10's do not hold its time to breakout the 12's.

A DrumPro tip for holding bottom on a pier during a big wind and current event. Throw your bait straight into the malestrom, that way you have a few minutes before the current starts dragging you.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Another trick is to use a Nail Sinker. You have to be careful how long the Nail stays out because it can get so buried it never comes loose and you have to break it off, causing a snag monster, which folks will ride you about. Water abd current tomorrow is made for a 1307.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Wind went Hard NW so Kinnakeet major league of yesterday surf calmed down. Florida Twin and likely AvonJohn are out on the T. DDDrumPro is also probably out there and perhaps PotatoManDrumPro.

I am 275 miles to the North at a Secret Location.

·
Registered
409 Posts
We thought about hanging around until this blew over but couple issues. We did not bring our camper and was just renting a cabin plus my wife's best friends mom did not survive heart surgery unexpectedly..............Life just gets in the way of fishing sometimes and ya just do the best you can.........We will be back weather permitting in around 3 weeks then back again in November. Now lets go clean some gear up plus a very nasty truck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wind went Hard NW so Kinnakeet major league of yesterday surf calmed down. Florida Twin and likely AvonJohn are out on the T. DDDrumPro is also probably out there and perhaps PotatoManDrumPro.

I am 275 miles to the North at a Secret Location.
Florida Twin had to go to parents weekend and missed the entire bite. I made it for the bite on the incoming storm front, but couldn't get one that counted. Friday morning the Whalebone spot did not open at regular time due to plumbing issues. So I snuck out to an undisclosed location and found what I was after. Went to the big pier that afternoon and put in work, we double hauled the net multiple times.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts