Pier and Surf Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Was not worried much about this Fall Drum season but now that they are hitting the deck I changed my mind. Pictures are cool so upload a few for us fellas.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Still some warm water in the Bay, hopefully there's still some bait and fish holding in that waiting to move south. Or praps these storms will push some warm water back up north. Hope so, got some rubber on a bike that needs to feel some sand at False Cape...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Lots and lots of smaller spot around Hampton roads currently. Temperatures dropping. It's going to be soon.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Lopez you have nothing to worry about at all.

The Secret Spot on Northern OBX pier paid for the State of NC is producing Oregon Inlet based ocean fish that hang out in the ocean off Oregon Inlet all summer long. One way you tell is the color of the Drum.

The Chesapeake fish are still up North of the OBX, those fish usually are much darker bronze.

I stole this photo from Jennettes of a known DrumPro holding this mornings first fish, since Secret Drum Hotline folks are busy with lines in the water.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I forgot to add Disclaimer that in the event there is an issue with internet photo rights, all disputes must be sent to MAN legal representative firm Sturm Boogers Klein and Spurgeon LLP 1000 K Street NW Washington DC 20001.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Nice Work on the above Drum by the way. It pays to be an OBX local. (Not in money of course, but in being in on the Drum bites).

Normally I would be in a bad mood all day, being stuck in my office, but today I feel only gratitude that something good is happening in the world.

Hopefully some more pictures of the Jennettes crew will come available in the next few days, should be a big bite until it gets too windy.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
If you think these are your Chesapeake Fish Lopez you better get down there to Sandbridge before Hatteras gets them all......
:)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Looks like this weekend will blow out and over wash RT 12 in multiple places. Bite except for one lee of a building Secret Hole will be shut down. If you fish a 1305 be careful that it does not get blown overboard......better to use a heavier Stick …..one that will stay in its notch.....

I decided to strip and rewrap my trusty All Star Gen lll 1509 XXX not that it would not fish as is but after spending some time on #1 DrumPro's Facebook page I am feeling a little rod envy. I am not in his league, can not see well anymore, but I need a new Drum Stick to make me feel connected to this game I love so much.

Hopefully Kyle and Travis will send me some photos on the Secret Drum Hotline that I can post without feeling guilty about swiping photos from the Net.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Ncst8man1999 is a North Carolina State Trooper who is a Drum Fisherman and a friend of mine so whenever he joined is inconsequential although the ability to foresee the creation of the internet and pre-join a fishing talk forum before it was brought online to a system that did not exist is certainly quite amazing.

Back in the day when I was a young miscreant, I always that it was down right amazing that Blue Lights would happen to appear like magic in my rear view mirror, where previously none existed.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Inability to edit one's posts makes for poor grammar on my part.

Started building an All Star copy of a Fenwick Big Stick 1-3 ounce tip last night. For some reason due to lack of neon color selection in my thread selection on hand, the tip is going to come out looking like the Fenwick Mini Big Surf Stick it was destined for.

Wonder who is out there in the Maelstrom chucking three sided 12 ounce sinkers this weekend?

61 - 80 of 111 Posts