Pier and Surf Forum banner

2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium

Question: 
4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Sandcrab 
#1 ·
I used to air down my 2006 Silverado to 20 PSI. Truck died last month and just replaced it with a 4Runner. What's a good PSI for the 4Runner with stock tires?

Sandcrab

#7 ·
I run 20# on my taco, never had a problem. 265/75/16 now but originally they were smaller, still no problems. The yotas do extremely well on sand.
Spent Tuesday fishing at Assateague. We got on the beach early (we were #18) and left at noon when the max capacity was reached and the line to get on the OSV - and the entrance to the park for that matter - was crazy long.

The truck ran great! Although it carries less stuff than the Silverado, it carried all my gear and it handled the sand with ease.

Note to self: Take less stuff!

#6 ·
20 lbs is a good place to start, let off the gas and truck stops right away, let more out. If your truck has a temp. gauge for your transmission watch that. How dry the sand is makes a difference too, I see more people in trouble on ramp 38 than anywhere. I always drop 3 or 4 more lbs. there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.