Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tournament officials are pleased to notify the entire World that Zing Pow is winner of the OBX Man Tournament 2015 with well over 100 Citation Drum taken off the beach and piers on a casted bait off the Outer Banks of NC.

Lee put in the effort this Spring and it held up through out the Fall Drum season.

Previous winners of this Tournament along with Lee are the best of the best in Drum fishing any tide, any wind, any crowd, against all odds, against all casters.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
how many days did he approximately fish. That is an amazing number of fish. Even if not a citation fish
All the Drum were citation size, that is a requirement of the Tournament, no yearlings or plastic boat fish allowed, this is a casted bait Drum Tournament.

With the exception of a certain Florida Drum pro, all of the past winners of this Tournament have lived on the OBX. But that Certain Florida fella who has won this Tournament multiple times, dedicates the entire fall season to fish.

If most of the fish come during the Spring which was the case this year certain fellas who happen to live on Hatteras Island have an advantage. Sometimes when a bite is happening, it takes too much out of even someone living up in Nags Head to make the drive to wherever the Park Police let you park your Truck and walk in to the Point or Pole road after you went to work, and then walk out and make the long drive back across the Bonner Bridge, to catch a few hours sleep and go to work the next day.

Most of the fish came off the beach, and as is usually the case when a planker like Lee shows up the fleas get out cast and out fished:rolleyes:

You have to be able to put in the time and work, something that is not possible if you are fishing only weekends and holidays.

If anyone who has not participated in the past wants to enter this Tournament in 2016, just drop $5.00 off with Tater who needs $$ to be able to quit his regular job/school if he has any hope with keeping up with Lee, Savfish, Big Dave, Arch, Florida fella, or TommyH. or the RedHead.

Garbo will be mailing Tater a $5.00 Check to let the rest of the fellas know that Garbo is entered in the Man 2016.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
With the cast he has now,he could pose a problem,but will not have the time to catch like Lee did.. He worked hard at it and put up numbers I do not think anyone will ever duplicate.. PLUS,it was a mediocre year comparing to the 90's at some points this fall.. So if it had been a year like 2014 or even a few years before,he could have caught over 200!!! Trust me Garbo,I have seen some of the "newyoungbucks" like Tater,Wyatt (Big Dave's son),Travis on Jennettes,and some in their prime like CJ (whom you haven't seen yet),Tommy,Nick,and others,you will have your hands full and will need to make one of those yaks I showed pics of from Fla piers to get your bait out far enough.... :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
With the cast he has now,he could pose a problem,but will not have the time to catch like Lee did.. He worked hard at it and put up numbers I do not think anyone will ever duplicate.. PLUS,it was a mediocre year comparing to the 90's at some points this fall.. So if it had been a year like 2014 or even a few years before,he could have caught over 200!!! Trust me Garbo,I have seen some of the "newyoungbucks" like Tater,Wyatt (Big Dave's son),Travis on Jennettes,and some in their prime like CJ (whom you haven't seen yet),Tommy,Nick,and others,you will have your hands full and will need to make one of those yaks I showed pics of from Fla piers to get your bait out far enough.... :eek: :D
Testosterone and Foxy surfer girls will decimate the "Young Bucks" Shortly, it is bound to happen. Look what happened to Hillsman. It may have happened to William also....

I did not even bother fishing from Age 19 until I was 35 or so, too busy riding around with the hot babes to bother with Drum, and I loved to fish, but could not resist temptation...

If need be I will employ a fleet of plastic boats dropping my baits out, I may even see if I can get Tournament officials to alter the rules for retirement age participants such as you and I and the Redhead. Rodanthe can tie up the end of the Tee for a long time alternating plastic boat trips out to the "Impact Zone"

I also have been engaged to cast for Mickie, when the Redhead is not around, and if we need a plastic boat to get out further, so be it, I am not shy. **** likely to ask me to cast for her even when the Redhead is on Deck:rolleyes: Pendulum cast with a 13'6 Heaver with a completion butt makes for a fair piece away from the end of the Tee...

That skinny girl from Salvo will be fishing a bait well offshore of these so called young bucks:rolleyes: Team Rodanthe can ask **** to get some of her friends to come out and block for the Rodanthe Crew and get the young bucks all confused on what is what:confused: Hard to concentrate when a bevy of hot babes is out and about...

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Testosterone and Foxy surfer girls will decimate the "Young Bucks" Shortly, it is bound to happen. Look what happened to Hillsman. It may have happened to William also....

I did not even bother fishing from Age 19 until I was 35 or so, too busy riding around with the hot babes to bother with Drum, and I loved to fish, but could not resist temptation...

If need be I will employ a fleet of plastic boats dropping my baits out, I may even see if I can get Tournament officials to alter the rules for retirement age participants such as you and I and the Redhead. Rodanthe can tie up the end of the Tee for a long time alternating plastic boat trips out to the "Impact Zone"

I also have been engaged to cast for Mickie, when the Redhead is not around, and if we need a plastic boat to get out further, so be it, I am not shy. **** likely to ask me to cast for her even when the Redhead is on Deck:rolleyes: Pendulum cast with a 13'6 Heaver with a completion butt makes for a fair piece away from the end of the Tee...

That skinny girl from Salvo will be fishing a bait well offshore of these so called young bucks:rolleyes: Team Rodanthe can ask **** to get some of her friends to come out and block for the Rodanthe Crew and get the young bucks all confused on what is what:confused: Hard to concentrate when a bevy of hot babes is out and about...
Yes,the "testosterone factor" can play a significant part in the career of a young drummer no doubt about it.... It has already destroyed young William's career as well as mr Hillsman.. Although,those that are married know better.. CJ,Tommy,Chris,Blake and a few others that you have yet to see have the testosterone thing in check.. With the "new rules" for plastic boats,you,the redheaded fella,and myself won't even have to have a "yak pilot",the one I saw in fla came with it's own ramps to attach to railings,with a badarse electric motor with remote,can carry as many as 10baits,and will throw a wake getting them out. So,us oletimers don't have to wait in line to throw.. Mickie ,with her big catches the last few years won't even have to have a designated caster... :eek: :p :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Turning 60 and having two rebuilt shoulders and and a rebuilt back, I can still throw pretty good. But still afraid to put everything into a cast like I use to. May need something like this at some point.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
View attachment 17313

This thing could revolutionize "The Man Tourney" for oletimers... haha
Putting my pride in my current fishing/casting abilities aside...

At first glance I thought there would be no way to convince the Tournament Officials to change the rules, which have been in place since 1985.

There is a precedent in place which is the "Elder Abuse" Law which I believe is a Felony in the State of North Carolina.

If the Officials can see that this rule change is not being made to benefit certain participants over another, but designed to ensure simply that the State Laws of North Carolina are protected, we have a good shot.

If we make Social Security Age a minimum requirement for baits allowed on the Pier Kayak Deployment Device, we will be in line with Federal anti-age discrimination Laws.

Tournament Judges Committee meets in February, all past winners of the Tournament would also have to approve the rules change, but if I am pretty sure we can figure out a way to bribe them with Cob Mullet/Beer/Snacks/$$....... Rules Committee Meeting is at the Sears Tower in Chicago this year, that's another thing that may keep the attendance down. Last Winter in Chicago in February it was 3 weeks of constant -30 or below wind chill, so them past winners may not even make the trip to vote...

Only real problem I see is in rhe Spring humping that heavy sucker back and forth beyond the Bird enclosure restricted areas, may be in need of Young Bucks afterall:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts