Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been a good year.I have much to show thanks for. I have been blessed with a new daughter and my wife and children are healthy.It has been a great year to be in the mortgage buisness and I know I made a good decsion a little over a year ago moving over to this career.Not only has it allowed me to spend more time with my family,
I can fish more!!!!

January was a blowout....

Feburary huge snow storm......

March and April arrived and so did the Striped Bass.I had good luck fishing the upper bay with bloodworms and Indian River Inlet with Storm lures.The blues moved in in late april and I got a nice 30 incher from the surf.

May arrived and with the blooming of Dogwoods came the tiderunners.I caught a nice 28 incher in the mouth of the bay.Continued to do well with stripers through the month.

June once the Kids got out of school we made our annual trip to Hatteras.We had a great time fishing the surf my daughter caught a near citation pompano near hatteras inlet.I caught my first cobia.Back in Delaware the stripers continued and did well in the surf.

July and August I slowed my adventures down while we waited for the arrival of our newest family member
Christina Grace Cashion came into the world on 8/1 at
9lbs 10 ozs...Children are gifts from God

September came and so did ISABEL Need I say more.

October was another good month for Stripers.I never got to make the trip to Assateague for the big reds.But old trusty IRI gave up the striped ones.

November was my Best month I caught more and larger stripers and blue fish than any other month.But all good things come to an end,and with the final one two knock-out punches of cold fronts it has all but shut me down

So its time to clean out my truck(and get the interior shampoed)
clean and lube the reels,Organize my tackle and plan a trip to the Florida Keys..

·
Registered
823 Posts
yes sir, i can pretty much agree with that description 100%. sounds real famliar. maybe next year will be a little more forgiving.

hmmmmmm the picture......." the fat lady singing" guess its over for the season

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
not all good not all bad

Matapeake Stripers I caught many fish including a 13 and 15lb fish.Tried to catch a big Trout in Deleware during May;no luck but was quite satifyed with the Flounder fishin.June,July,and August;Strated out trying for Flounder at IRI was pleased;but got into other spicies as well.4 2-4lb Blues,11 lb Black Drum on Peelers at the North Jetty,and I also picked up a 16lb Striper as well.The bite slowed so I tried other places.Tried to see if the Trout would be at the Choptank;only caught a 13"er the whole fall .Somewhat pleased with the Tau Tog action at IRI during October threw November.Last time I was out caught and quick released a 16" Striper at Masseys Ditch.I also tried Striper fishin at the Narrows during November too only a few throwbacks.Notice that my better fish were in Deleware near the coast where the water was saltier.Sand Flea summed what was going on to a tee when he said you might as well be fishing in a Farm Pond.Rain,Rain Rain never went away but Isebel helped make the water a little more salty.But the Bay was too fresh so I fished Deleware more;maybe next year the good fish will be up in the Bay.We need another extreme drought to make it happen.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Final Kent Narrows report

I hit Kent Narrows last night for my final trip in the upper bay. Our second snowstorm of the year was a couple of hours away from arriving and the wind was blowing 10-15, the tide was coming in and looked to be about two hours away from high. I was the only person there and after not too many casts decided to pack it in.

This was a very mixed year for me. On the upside, I met dozens of new folks from the site up and down the coast and made lots of new friends. I finally found a chick who likes to fish; she returned the favor of my guiding her to good spots by catching a 38" striper in the spring run, as opposed to my 30" and 32" fish. Then she caught a citation roundhead this spring that held the leader position until being knocked out at the last minute a couple of weeks ago.

I had no luck with the big drum this year, and it's been several years since I've lucked into a cobe. Honestly, all the rain and cool temperatures we had screwed everything up, and Isabel put the nail in the coffin.

I enjoyed standing alone at Kent Narrows last night. It gave me a chance to think back over the year and to look forward to next. Needless to say, I was skunked.

Here's to a short winter and an early run.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thanks guys for the reports my season was cut short due to injury so it's good to read reports it keeps me from falling ill from cabin fever.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My season was also cut short but was able to have agood time reading all your posts. At least I was able to catch one good one this year during the spring run at SPSP.

But I really missed my friends and the many long hard hours we spent fishing and exploring new locations.

Ok, I'm ending this before I get depressed.

Everyone have a Happy Holiday.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I forgot to mention that I meet alot of cool people this year too and I also helped make a diffrence by organizing the IRI cleanup and helping out with the Choptank one in September.It was enjoyable.:cool:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Fishing last year was definately much better, and usually just me tossing bait or myself and my brother, sitting back, enjoying the Island, but there came a time I searched, and I found a great group of people, and that was here. As a surf fisherman, and an AI rat I guess you could say, I learned to love the lack, or the small company of my brother, gave me time to contemplate, revive and rejuvinate in me the fact that, I may not have it all, but I don't have it that bad.

First, thanks Sandflea, without this site, I would not have met some super people, and many just met, unbelievable surf fishing in an area I haven't been to in about twenty years, thanks Wilber, it bought back some sweet memories.

I could name all I have met and fished with, Catman, Florida, Anthony, Master Caster and "Pops", Liam (the "littlest" angler), Murphman, Sandcrab, Cdog, Kenmefish, Nsearch4, the Bucket, shorefisher, a six foot chinese guy who goes by the name of "James" (;) ), too many to mention, and yes, forgot some names, oops, Sandflea, and last, and most honerably, Hat(Clyde)80. I know I should not have favorites, and all are special, but Clyde, I gotta say, I am proud and honored to consider you a friend. You met my brother Gary out on AI, and you got that same thing he does, and at what may be a wrong statement to make, I'd loved to fish with you be it pier, surf or boat :)barf: ), just kidding. You are a special man, and I am lucky to have met and fished with you.

May all have a safe and happy holiday, Sandflea, thanks for a gift that may just last me for years, and sometime in March, those with permits, and therefore four wheel drive, let's do something in Delaware (getting that permit next year) or AI.

I know from meeting and getting to know some of you guys and gals, my winter will be a bit warmer, and cozier.

Now, and most important, I'd like to thank my wife, Sharon, who though she thinks the AI in winter thing is crazy, always tells me have fun and be safe. She also is glad I met a bunch of fishing Buds, and though she has yet to meet a single one, knows if I am out fishing with any of you, I'm safe and in good company. Though she don't fish, she's MY angler of the year.

Thanks to all, and sorry about the long post.

God bless and keep all.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts