Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
K-Tom,

Mine are leave it well alone, introduce something nmore interesting like the 100gm :eek:

I fish with the 175gm and when you get it on the field it feels like casting a "Dead Cow"

Only my thoughts - Led. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When fishing here on the island for drum and stripers in rough weather with a heavy current running, 8oz. is the minimum to 12 oz. max. Reason for learning the back cast.
2-4oz are the norm for summer calm water small fish, fishing. the 175gm would be closer to what we fish with than the 100gm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Tom
I understand where you are comming from but everyone doesn't fish on Hatteras Island or cast a 6-12 oz.weight that often.I really don't think we would be doing anyone a great service by making the 175 gr. a regular event at our tournaments. We can see how others feel about it but I agree with the dead cow statement by Andy.
As for the 100 gr.that seems a little light and could require different equipment and who needs that? Notice I said could require different equipment.I am not sure of that.
U.S. casters have come a long long way in the past few years and I beleive more weight classes would just slow that progress down.That is just my opion.
Thanks for your suggestion.See you in July?
bob

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to try and make it, but ain't going to promise anything. Who knows if I don't show just maybe a certain other backcaster will show up. Will be there for sure in October.

·
Registered
797 Posts
k-tom, Grrrrr..... :mad:

·
Registered
797 Posts
k-tom, i am sorry you won't be there in july. you are a true competitor and worthy adversary.
i am really looking forward to having dinner with you in oct. or in the alternative obx. this summer.

ralph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts