Pier and Surf Forum banner

17 inch croaker caught at North Beach Pier

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jcreamer 
#1 ·
It was opened today and I stood and watched one of my friends catch 4 large croakers in a span of 15 minutes..They were not far out and he was using squid enhanced with a drop of clam juice that he bought at a local bait shop.
Most of the action was on the right corner and I would say 150 feet out.
He was there half an hour and caught 8 big ones..
He was using a seven foot boat rod and his big stuff was still on the pier not rigged up.
The bath rooms still were not open I do not know it they will be at night. There was a sign that said they would be closed 9 pm to 10 pm for closing and would remain closed for remainder of the night.

#3 ·
so, do they expect people who pay for parking and pay per rod to fish to not have a bathroom all night long?

Do they realize people will just let it fly on the beach? Personally I won't, but I'd be willing to bet some will.

Who runs that place anyway?

#4 ·
1... The fish were caught around 830 or nine pm.

2... As far as charging to park that is in talking stage now.

3... The bathrooms have always been closed at 9 pm at night.. A lot people have complained and nothing has been done. They will no tput a porta potti on the ppier because they say that it will not support the vehicle that picks up the porta potti.

4... The mayors office runs the thing and when the construction of the new hotel starts then it could get a little crowded in that area.

#6 ·
Husky
They have already started clearing the land
and from what I hear is it will be several hundred rooms and then will require a parking area..North Beach is working on a large hotel and Cheasapeake Beach is also talking about about one too.
It is crazy..
I told my wife we will give it three more years and if equity goes up enough then we will move out further..
I like the smaller towns and the country..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.