Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a 15' surf rod a little too much overkill I was offered one for not too much but is it too long it is made by Okuma

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Well I wouldn't say it is too long. Especially if you are doing some surf fishing on the coast. That kind of rod won't work for any pier though. Hey if it is a cheap price and a quality pole and reel I would jump at it. You never know when you might need it. JMHO :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Save your money and get a good 10 or 12 footer! Too long - too heavy. Lots of high quality smaller rods available and you only need 12' (the most) for the surf.

·
Registered
905 Posts
cocoflea, do you still live in CT. because i can sell you a 15' ugly stick for relatively cheap. if you live in CT, i rather not go through the trouble of shipping it.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I might still need my 15'er for the surf,but its only to be used in a real stormy surf from shore.I would take Sandcrabs advice;personally a 13'is better than a 15'.When fishing from shore the long rod keeps your line above the rough surf when its extremly rough.I wouln't waste my time or money with a 15'er get a 13'er insted ;) .

·
Registered
904 Posts
I got a 15' Ugly Stick I use when there has been a NE and the suds is a cooking, keeps the line out of the waves etc... most times 12' is fine regardless, but for the really nasty sudsy one, the 15' fits the bill nicely...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts