Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to 14th street bridge tomorrow to see how the striper action is. I will update tomorrow and tell yall how it went. Wish me luck. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
What 14th Street bridge? If it's the one on the Potomac River,
you need a D. C. license. The city does little to improve fishing but does believe in writing tickets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I go out on the rocks off Mayo Island right down from the bridge all the time in the spring for stripers. Would be VERY interested in how it is in fall. The waters has to be extremely high, muddy and fast right now.

D

·
0 Posts
yea you wont be able to tell very well how the striper are in there until the water goes down and clears up. me and striper13 went yesterday and he hooked up on one but lost it.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Drum Runner,

where is 14th street bridge? Do strippers run around this area? I was hoping that i could join you at this spot. I just moved to richmond recently, and still very vague about the fishing areas.

CrawFish

D

·
0 Posts
i only know how to get there from my house. its in richmond city. on 14th street. whereabouts are you staying? pm me and ill get you there.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sunday

I may be going Sunday to see how things are coming along. I will update and tell yall how things went.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
CrawFish said:
Drum Runner,

where is 14th street bridge? Do strippers run around this area? I was hoping that i could join you at this spot. I just moved to richmond recently, and still very vague about the fishing areas.

CrawFish
You're more likely to find "strippers" over on the west side by the Paper Moon slow trolling dollar bills. Now as for the stripers, I have no idea where they are.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:D gee emanuel you sure ya aint never been here before thats pretty close but its on the southside 14 street off 95 & maury st exit I think im gonna givm a try this wknd heck if i dont catch a strper ill catch that smelly as funk comn from the crap plant :D and a big ole GLOWING catfish

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Emanuel,

Believe it or not, I've tried that, them strippers take your strolling bills like those Bay's crabs take your baits... you can never land them.. lol.. anyone has any luck fishing at the 14th st. bridge?

inawe, thanks for the direction.. i might give it a try this weekend

CrawFish

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
if ya gotta boat theres ancarrows boat landing too

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hey all,

I live in richmond, in the northside area, but would be very interested in fishing with you all, please let me know whats up... my email is [email protected], if u could title the subject, FISHING, thatd be great... thanks guys

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think it is i took my boat down there about 3 weeks it was open then , had to go stir up a little wake or 2 :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I suppose you might find one in there now...but not like in the spring. Occasionally you still find a striper or maybe shad or herring that were left behind. Especially with all the rain...maybe what you hooked into was a cat. If you didn't catch it, how do you know what it was? Especially with the water being so muddy as it is...best time is in the spring, just after the shad start to run. If you have wheels and some time, drive 1.5 hours to the bay and look for stripers, blues, and reds...I'm betting you'll have a better time and you'll find more/bigger fish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts