Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family, entire In-law and several friend families (total of 30 people) took a short cruise vacation to the Bahamas. On the way home last night, the sea was so rough, almost entire group got severve sea sick (except me). We got home around 9:00 AM this morning, and everybody felt asleep. I got a call from a friend's father (my fishing buddy) around 11:30 AM asking me if I wanted to go fishing, and of course I said yes (what else am I going to do at home while everybody sleep). We got to the beach at 1:30 PM and fished until dark. Between I and the old man, we got 11 pomps, 1 black drum, 3 bull whiting and un-countable blue fish (I lost 7 double drop rigs) - Here they are:

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Wow, you're on a roll!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those of you interested in catching pomps - here are the tips:

1. Go to Play a Linda Beach in Titusville area - Lot number 1 - heading south as far as you can.

2. Rod has to be minimum of 12 feet

3. Live sand flea is the best, if not, live or frozen clam for bait is good enough.

4. LOW TIDE (+/- 1 hour) - wade out as far as you can then cast pass second sand bar. I don't know why, but they are out there.

Hope this will help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have caught some Pomps the DVO way since last year at Playalinda, just not as many. For those who don't want to wade and can't cast far, you can get some pomps in the first trough close by during the high tide, just not as consistent. If you can't get them or can't find a position at the Lot 1 ( it is crowded most of time and will be more so after DVO's post), try Lot 8. There is a deep cut there at Lot 8 where it holds lots of pomp and whiting at the low tide, but you needs far cast to get into it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
For those of you interested in catching pomps - here are the tips:

1. Go to Play a Linda Beach in Titusville area - Lot number 1 - heading south as far as you can.

2. Rod has to be minimum of 12 feet

3. Live sand flea is the best, if not, live or frozen clam for bait is good enough.

4. LOW TIDE (+/- 1 hour) - wade out as far as you can then cast pass second sand bar. I don't know why, but they are out there.

Hope this will help.
Thank You very much. Great fishing to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts