Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the incoming tide at the jetty at hrbt and caught 1 20" off a top water lure, caught 2 off a homemade bucktail chartreuse/white skirt, caught fish up to 6 lbs off a white 3/4 oz shad head with a 6 in chartreuse curltail, fished stopped biting so we switched to a grey 6 in curltail and caught fish and the biggest fish caught was a 36 in and weighed 18.5 lbs, soon after the bite stopped and we went home, but it was my biggest striper pulled in out of the surf and caught on 12 lb test, we caught fish steady for about 3 hours almost every cast and if one wasnt pulled in we had 2 or 3 hits on the retrieve so all in all it was a good way to end thanksgiving this year, we fished from @ 7-1130 pm

·
Registered
72 Posts
Finally!! A good report! Sounds like you had a good day. You not only caught fish, you caught more than one. All the reports lately are skunked....skunked....skunked...one.....skunked. It's good to see somebody get into some fish.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Its about time !!!Way to GG10,nice fish..did ya get pix??...the R

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got pics and dropped them off to get developed but walgreens lost the roll :( ....luckily i took some on my moms camera but i have to wait for her to finish the roll but when i do ill put the pic up if i can figure out how to do it

·
Registered
691 Posts
heavy fish

Good job on the great fishing! And, thanx for the report. What kind of scale did you weigh the big guy on? Just wondering.. Must have been a real fatty. We had 2 healthy 30"+ fish that totalled 19lbs. is the only reason I ask about the scales. Pretty work!

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bathroom scales lol i actually think the fish was over 20 lbs but i dont want to tell no fish story but it felt a lil more heavy then 18.5 b/c he was fat and not slender but when i get a pic up here tell me what you all think :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was wondering if any of you could figure out a weight on that striper....the tail was 10 in tall being 36 in long and the girth was @ 26in.....my moms camera is messed up so im not sure if ill get the pic off of it but if anyone can figure anything out by that could ya let me know thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts