Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and his family from Gulf Breeze (Pensacola area) came to town to visit my family . I treated him and his wife a fishing adventure to the CCAFS beach. We arrived at low tide around 10:30 AM. We left at 3:00 PM. Here is what we got. Biggest is 19" and smallest is 14".

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Man, now that's a haul of pompano. I'm getting low. I'm down to my last four fillets. I've gotta make a run over to the east coast and get me some some more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
DVO and family probably wiped pomps out, that is why I did not see much action at Playalinda beach today. Neither much yesterday, I was told. It was a perfect day though with warm weather, clear water and calm surf. Pomps were there though at low tide but you had to cast real further out with live sand flea. My new friend Mil dug out a few fleas and did so. He caught 5 within 1 hour at dead low tide while my poles with fresh clam on were sitting there doing nothing. Mil was kind enough offering me a few fleas. I sent them further out as well and got 1 whiting and 1 pomp before quit.

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
That's some great work right there, DVO. Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts