Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CONDITIONS:. We had light NE breezes with sunny Carolina Blue skies.

The Hatteras HI as reported from the Cape Hatteras School was a comfortable 70.

Today's Forecast ... Sunny early...Then becoming partly cloudy late. Highs 65 to 70. Breezy. South winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon

Good news ...Hwy. 12 to Hatteras Village and the beach from ramp 55 to the Inlet are open.

OREGON INLET OFFSHORE: Lots of Yellowfin Tuna and a few Wqahoo. Stripers in the Inlet.

HATTERAS OFFSHORE: The boats reported excellent King Mackerel catches, 1 - 10 lb. Spanish Mackerel!!

HATTERAS INSHORE: A good Flounder bite.

RODANTHE, SALVO AREA: No report from the pier. A few Puppy Drum from the Salvo beaches

AVON AREA: Avon Beach - a few Stripers &Puppy Drum. Avon Pier - a few Black Drum, Sea Mullet, Spot, Blowtoads, and 1 big Drum.

THE POINT & BUXTON: Skates& Sharks; a few Puppy Drum & Speckled Trout at the jetties.

SOUTH BEACH & FRISCO AREA: A few nice Speckled Trout.

HATTERAS BEACHES: Blowtoads and small Flounder.

OCRACOKE:puppy Drum, also some Bluefish, Sea Mullet, Flounder and Black Drum

AREA BEACHES OCEAN WATER TEMPERATURES 11/23/2003

Duck Pier: 60 Oregon Inlet: 62

Avalon Pier: 60 Avon Pier: 63

AS RECIEVED FROM HATTERASHI.COM

***** NO NEW REPORT FROM WILMINGTON AREA*****

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
wish i could have got into some of those 10lb spanish

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES SIR SO DO I

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yeah spanish are about my favorite fish to catch if they have some size and I can catch them on light spinning tackle.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH YEA 3-5 ponders on light gear................now thats fun!

·
Registered
285 Posts
was getting a lot of 'em last may on gotchas. lost quite a few that would have went 5lbs. between them and the bluefish last spring they cleaned my plug bag out. gotta restock this winter and get ready to do it all over again next year :D

Tight Lines

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts