1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome! Heading to Orlando tomorrow. Gonna fish around Cocoa tomorrow night and then drive to Jensen Beach Saturday. 10 leaders rigged, and ready for abuse!!!!!! Then off to Tampa Sunday to watch the Steelers grab #6!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! Heading to Orlando tomorrow. Gonna fish around Cocoa tomorrow night and then drive to Jensen Beach Saturday. 10 leaders rigged, and ready for abuse!!!!!! Then off to Tampa Sunday to watch the Steelers grab #6!!!!!

Sounds like an eventful week! Catch em up and don't forget to post the pix!! Enjoy yourself in FL!! :popcorn:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jensen Beach has been sharky for the past several weeks.

They are right in the wash on the morning high tide...:fishing:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like an eventful week! Catch em up and don't forget to post the pix!! Enjoy yourself in FL!! :popcorn:
Right on! Do you think I'll be alright fishing Jensen Beach from about 9am till 9pm? Im just worried cause i think Im gonna miss the morning high tide? Id have to leave Orlando at 3am to get down there in time! I still may find myself doing that though.

Im also wondering if anyones had any luck with sharks around Daytona or Cocoa? I think Ill fish over that way tomorrow night.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right on! Do you think I'll be alright fishing Jensen Beach from about 9am till 9pm? Im just worried cause i think Im gonna miss the morning high tide? Id have to leave Orlando at 3am to get down there in time! I still may find myself doing that though.

Im also wondering if anyones had any luck with sharks around Daytona or Cocoa? I think Ill fish over that way tomorrow night.
You will nail them at Jensen Beach between 9 and 9. I have some buddies up there right now that are catching tons of sharks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to one of the anglers who will be fishing in the tournament last night. His group has been fishing this school of blacktips for the last 3 days for several hours each night and have managed to catch 38.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, the only day I had to get to Jensen Beach was on Saturday.........
Low and behold, I arrived to find 5-7' seas with a wind of 20-25knots straight out of the north. Not one fisherman was on the beach for as far as I could see. Couldn't even get 8 and bait to hold on the few times that I could even cast into the gut. Moved further down beach to the rundown Holiday Inn where the first gut is super close to shore. The guys with me caught a few jacks and macks and I only managed a few nice hits towards sundown with no hook ups. Im sure I would've hooked up after dark but it was damn cold from having to wade so far out to beat the wind on the cast. But being at the Super Bowl on Sunday to watch the Steelers grab #6 made the weekend a success. Now Im back in Pittsburgh waiting for the next Florida trip in a few weeks! Maybe the conditions will be better!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the only day I had to get to Jensen Beach was on Saturday.........
Low and behold, I arrived to find 5-7' seas with a wind of 20-25knots straight out of the north. Not one fisherman was on the beach for as far as I could see. Couldn't even get 8 and bait to hold on the few times that I could even cast into the gut. Moved further down beach to the rundown Holiday Inn where the first gut is super close to shore. The guys with me caught a few jacks and macks and I only managed a few nice hits towards sundown with no hook ups. Im sure I would've hooked up after dark but it was damn cold from having to wade so far out to beat the wind on the cast. But being at the Super Bowl on Sunday to watch the Steelers grab #6 made the weekend a success. Now Im back in Pittsburgh waiting for the next Florida trip in a few weeks! Maybe the conditions will be better!
Ya it's cold down there. Even though you didn't catch any, you still got to go fishing and go to the superbowl! It beats a day at work! lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.