Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and hillbeach / (Father in law) took the kayaks out sunday evening after another Redskins win. 6-2 by the way for those who don't know! We should be 7-1, but anyways, we put out around 5 and stayed out until about 8:00 and then made our 1 hour paddle back to the docks, woooooooooo nice work out I was sweating and everything. At first all we could catch was small pups, then we took another long paddle and managed to find some bigger ones and a school of them! All together i'd say we caught around 10 -15 puppy drum total but only 3 keepers. I'm not sure the sizes of Pat's but my 1 keeper was a freaking PIG, dang thing was taken me for a ride on the yak he weighed in at 7lbs. 12oz 26inches just making the mark. I'd been waiting for some good action like that for a long time! I caught him on a red fish magic spinner bait with a rootbeer colored shad with a chartreuese tail. Now that I think about that was the biggest redfish I'd ever caught before! Weather was nice, it was also my first time being out there and not getting rained on or caught up in a tornado! Well that's enough typing gotto get PEACE:fishing::beer::popcorn:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts