Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came to PLO around 3 pm. The day was super beauty, and the water was crystal clear. From time to time, schools of blue/rocks attacked baitfish near the pier. Around 5:30 pm, a few folks at the beginning part of the pier started catching small spots. No body caught a blue or rock until 7 pm. Hundreds of blues and rocks jumped around the pier at the night. Between 7-9 pm, I caught more than 6 rocks and around 20 blues in 12-17” range. Kept two rocks (18.5” and 24”, the picture did not give an accurate measure because the fishes were bent) and 10 blues, released the rest. Headed back home around 9:10 pm. Most of the blues were smaller than before, indicating that the migration of blue fishes to south was started.

http://picasaweb.google.com/decentfishing/UntitledAlbum02#5259611575145707570

·
Registered
964 Posts
What bait and rigs were you using if you don't mind me asking? I assume since you have knowledge of the pier catches - that you were also fishing from the pier?

Any info on how the rock/retaining wall was producing?

·
Registered
625 Posts
nice report....does anybody know if the causeway has been producing fish? i like fishing plo but don't like fishing the pier. to many morons. was the pier pact?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
frankbay i saw you when you were leaving as i was arriving on the pier. i originally arrived at 5pm and decided to fish the pt on the potomac side. a little asian guy and his wife told me you caught 2 stripers. i caught 3 blues at the pt. and 5 at the pier. left at 12am started to get cold. and you were rt rocks, blues and gar fish were jumpin all over the water, should have brought my BWs as well as used my 2/0 circles because i might have lost 5 blues just by breakin off. oh yes i also caught a 17 inch red drum in which i c/r. the little asian guy told me i should do like alot of folks and put the fish in my car and return fishing. i told him im not getting fined , let alone lose my car over no fish, i am
no poacher. he the tells me i did the rt thing. i tell you what that sure was a pretty fish!!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Big... You can just say Asian guy. No need to say "little". Eventhough asian people are small.
LOL, meant know disrespect but this guy and his wife were about 5ft 3in both. im only 5ft 10in so thats not that tall and fish with many asians who are my height or taller!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the way, PLO sucks last night 10/21. Fished there from 5 pm 'till around 10:15 pm, caught 4 blues 10-12 inches average, then quit and went home. It was too windy, too cold, and the water was rough. I am hoping it was just because of the weather. On my way out, one guy told me to wait until the tide comes in because according to him last Sunday around 1am he caught about 5 stripers, let go 3 and kept the limit, then few minutes after the stripers were hitting, comes the crazy blues 15-20 average size. I told him can't wait anymore too cold and I was hungry. But I am planning to do it next week, when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
By the way, PLO sucks last night 10/21. Fished there from 5 pm 'till around 10:15 pm, caught 4 blues 10-12 inches average, then quit and went home. It was too windy, too cold, and the water was rough. I am hoping it was just because of the weather. On my way out, one guy told me to wait until the tide comes in because according to him last Sunday around 1am he caught about 5 stripers, let go 3 and kept the limit, then few minutes after the stripers were hitting, comes the crazy blues 15-20 average size. I told him can't wait anymore too cold and I was hungry. But I am planning to do it next week, when the weather gets better.
im like you DC when it get under 42 degrees and its windy i dont care about
fishing that much!!! will also try next monday / weather permitting!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts