Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Will & inferno handle 10 to 14 plus bait also fusion mag handle 12 plus bait.
ive thrown 10-12nbait on my inferno, but then it broke w/ only 8oz n bait ..so who knows.

if ur going for a 10-14 + bait rod..try and find urself a nail, as that is some serious slinging.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Fishsticks didn't have any heavers from WRI last time I checked, but that was before they were sold to Scott's Custom Rods. I was looking for a Fusion or a Fusion Mag, and all they had was an 1134(?) and a couple 9 footers.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If I have to toss 10-12 my Inferno is my GO-TO rod *and before anyone ask NO I aint selling it* :D and if I have to toss 14 I just start drinking :beer:

Yes a Fusion mag will handle 12nBait

·
Banned
1,407 Posts
fusion mag handles 12 & bait, but i think inferno throws it better, specially when ya got a really large bunker head on it.

I got both, & I wouldnt sell em for anything. Inferno has grown on me. Heavy, but aint nothin I dont think it couldnt throw. Its become my goto rod now, with the mag taking second place.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I got both, & I wouldnt sell em for anything. Inferno has grown on me. Heavy, but aint nothin I dont think it couldnt throw. Its become my goto rod now, with the mag taking second place.
I have a Fusion, Fusion Mag and an Inferno.

I love all three.

Like S2S says, my Inferno grew on me, too. Yeah, it's heavy. Yeah, it's a little harder to load. But I've caught more big fish on that rod than the others combined. It's got the juju fer sure.

I've measured all three on grass side by side, and all will throw within a few yards of each other in my hands.

Like Shooter says, they ain't fer sale.

Even though the Inferno will throw 12oz and a big head, it does very, very well with 6oz and a small bait.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I have a Fusion, Fusion Mag and an Inferno.

I love all three.

Like S2S says, my Inferno grew on me, too. Yeah, it's heavy. Yeah, it's a little harder to load. But I've caught more big fish on that rod than the others combined. It's got the juju fer sure.

I've measured all three on grass side by side, and all will throw within a few yards of each other in my hands.

Like Shooter says, they ain't fer sale.

Even though the Inferno will throw 12oz and a big head, it does very, very well with 6oz and a small bait.
When ya don't run over em. Ya big dummy.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,343 Posts
Another option is the AFAW Rock. It WILL do the business with 12nbait.

Blanks available.... :)

Tommy

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Very seldom will I go over 10oz...

If you got to throw that,ya might as well pack up your junk.... I own a fusion mag and a reg fusion... To me,there really isn't much difference between 10 and 8 on that rod.. Have thrown 12nbait with it also,and it is a pleasure to throw... The mag does ok,but imo,the reg fusion has more arse to it....

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
If you want to go OLD School look at the 1509... That this will throw with the best of them... 12'6

1 - 20 of 29 Posts