Pier and Surf Forum banner

Great White in the Sound

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  JAM 
#1 ·
Careful out there.

The link didn't post, but the 14'er pinged inside the sound then just off the Point a few hours later.

#3 ·
That was Katherine. I think she was in the Pamlico last year too.
Looks like she was all over the Pamlico this time.
Someone was saying there were some bigguns down Avon way this time of the year. Might have to think about a winter trip.
Of course, at 14 feet and 2300 pounds, there ain't nothing that would slow that one down.
Betcha I could get a yak up on plane if I saw it though.

#13 ·
Mary Lee pinged once just inside ocracoke inlet January of 2013 but from what I read they said the GPS tagging wasn't accurate enough to guarantee she had gone inside the inlet just that she had come very close to it. No doubt Katherine had herself i nice little adventure in some rather shallow water.
I was wondering about Mary Lou last year too. Seeing Katherine's pings she was all over the Pamlico. She was definitely gallivanting in some shallow water for a couple of days.

#18 ·
I was wondering about Mary Lou last year too. Seeing Katherine's pings she was all over the Pamlico. She was definitely gallivanting in some shallow water for a couple of days.
Three unattended RV/Campers were left unattended at Canadian Hole for over a week.

Dare County Sheriff's Department is investigating but efforts to reach the registered owners of the RVs have been unsuccessful.

All the vehicles had Ontario Registrations.

#15 ·
Where was it posted of the shark? I know there are quite a few sites on line and haven't seen it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.