Cape May Surf Fishing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cape May Surf Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by 1fishinmusician View Post
    Spent last week in Cape May. Highlight of the week was catching a 3' bull shark off the Town Bank beach.
    Yup. Showed the pics to a friend of mine, Rutgers University, Marine Biologist. Definitely a baby bull. The shovel shaped head, large eyes and large nose holes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Ill be staying with my girlfriend and her family on the coast guard base this weekend(10-12 to 10-14), Im bringing mirrolures, gulps and jigheads, topwaters and bucktails. What else should I bring? Should I bring waders? Im trying to catch some weakfeesh, stripers and bluefish. Any chance of that happening?

Don't tell anybody but I heard of a few puppy drum in the mix down that way. Fresh finger mullet (readily available at no cost with a cast net) on a fishfinder rig should get results.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dropinbrix View Post
    Ill be staying with my girlfriend and her family on the coast guard base this weekend(10-12 to 10-14), Im bringing mirrolures, gulps and jigheads, topwaters and bucktails. What else should I bring? Should I bring waders? Im trying to catch some weakfeesh, stripers and bluefish. Any chance of that happening?
    Bring some top & bottom rigs with ya as well. Like Philly said, there have been some red drum pups caught, fresh finger mullet and peanut bunker if ya have a cast net.

It turns out we were staying in Sea Isle City, Saturday night I found a bridge walked around to the pilings at the bottom cast to the channel and caught about a 15" winter fluke. I saw people during the day catching blues on frozen mullet but that was about it. Im thinking about planning a trip for next year.

Fished the Lighthouse area Sat-Sun. All the snappers you wanted on finger mullet, nothing else. Ranger told me that a few puppy drum and black drum were caught but no striper seen. Massive bird blitz Sunday AM out front, it was awesome sight.

Fished various spots around the Cape Fri-Sat, no bass seen. Caught my first ling, had to ask somebody what it was, never seen one.

Ling are good eatin when they have some size to them.

Any tog hanging around the inlets?

Toggin has been pretty good along the seawall in North Wildwood.

Good to hear. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12