Question: Where to fish at Liberty Reservoir

Thread: Where to fish at Liberty Reservoir

Where to fish at Liberty Reservoir

I'm consider going fish at Liberty Reservoir tomorrow and I'm wondering where can I park and go to do some shore fishing there? All I've found is the boat ramp at the end of Oakland Road (http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...ibertyres.html). I tried looking around on Google maps but didn't see anywhere that looked like there was easy access to the water.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Go to the nicodemous rd bridge. U can fish off the bridge or at the beginning and end of the bridge u can ealk dow right to the water.also trails before and after the bridge. Look for other cars.

Here are my three favorite secluded spots to fish Liberty for crappie, LM bass and big blue gills. I've been fishing these spots on and off since the early '60s. You never have to worry about other fishermen because chances are excellent that you'll be the only one there.
    First some directions:
    From Liberty Rd (RT 26) take Rt 32 (Sykesville Rd.) north towards Sykesville.
    Continue on Rt 32 until you come to the bridge.
    Cross the bridge and park on the right side. There's plenty of room.
    There's a fire trail marked in RED behind the parking area on the right side.
    Follow the trail to spot #1. This is where the trail starts to curve to the right and down hill.
    At the bottom of the down grade the trail crosses a stream. On the other side of the stream there's a foot path that leads down to spot #1.
    This little cove is my all time favorite crappie spot in the morning. In the evening it's great for LM bass using topwaters.

Walk the shore around to spot #2 for more crappie. Continue to walk the shore to spot #3 (gravel slide) for some great bluegill fishing . Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Thanks a lot for all of the info! I didn't get a chance to go, but I definetly will check out those spots sometime soon.