Fort Morgan, AL

Thread: Fort Morgan, AL

Fort Morgan, AL

I've been a bit under the weather for a few days but we got home from our spring break vacation near Fort Morgan by the Gulf Shores and I've been meaning to write a little review. I'd been perusing piereandsurf for a few months prior to our trip - just to bone up on my surf-fishing knowledge. I'd seen surf-fishermen doing their thing many years ago when I'd travel with my folks down to So. Padre Island but we don't get to do much of that in the Chicagoland area. Before my trip, I ordered an Albright surf spinning rod (on sale) and a Quantum Blu 30 Spinning reel (also on sale) - I got myself a 7 day license, a sand spike and some frozen shrimp @ WalMart when we rolled into town and I was in business. The first two days were a bust but then on day 3 imagine my surprise when I hooked into some catfish. HA!! I could've stayed home and fished for catfish. Still - it was a fun thing to do with my kids - they loved watching me walk out to the sand bar and cast out. All the people I met fishing (out of towners and locals) down @ Fort Morgan were all hell-of friendly and informative.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the family. Sounds like ya had a good time.