Pcb baby!!!

Thread: Pcb baby!!!

Pcb baby!!!

Yeah so i know that the gulf fourm is kinda slow so im posting this wayyyy in advance. Im going to be headed down to the Panama City Beach this year sometime in late June or early July. Didnt have much luck there last year fishing like i would here in Virginia or North Carolina. What are some good rigs, tackle, and bait to use to produce fish? I was thinking about targeting pomps on a lightweight rod with a two drop flurocarbon leader with gold hooks and sand fleas. Not what i did last year but that seems to work from what ive read. So, Yall have plenty of time, what are P&S's sugestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Check the Forgotten Coast Kayak Anglers website. Those guys catch a lot of fish in W. Florida.

bumping. anybody else have any info? date has been set to last week in june.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Depends, are you planning to fish from the surf or on one of the piers? If late June, I definitely recommend one of the piers. They have 3 in PCB and a couple shorter piers in the surrounding areas like Mexico Beach. Both City and County piers in PCB are awesome, but County tends to be better for fisherman like us. But if you choose one of the piers, you can use sand fleas, but you're probably gonna have better luck fishing with pomp jigs. Set rigs with sand fleas work, but when ladyfish are running around, it gets to be a heck of alot easier unhooking the unwanted fish with jigs. Silly Willy jigs have been doing ok too. At that time, you should also bring a king rig too, as both Spanish Macks and King Macks should be running pretty well then. Don't be surprised to see a rogue ling either. Bring sabikis for bait, unless you wanna spend $5 a bag for cigar minnows.

Tackle for pomps: Typical lightweight rod, some people use braid with flouro leaders. I just use 10-12lb flouro topped on mono.

King/Spanish: 8 ft rod, 15lb test mono and wire leader. (7 strand or single, its up to you) #2 or #4 treble. Flylined out with a cig, herring, ly, etc.

Just ask around, I should be out there almost every weekend. Yellow Cart with Sunjammers stickers on it. Everyone is pretty friendly out there and are happy to lend a helping hand.

Oh yea, I forgot. You can check out www.panhandlepierfishing.com. Fishing is slow right now, and the forum is pretty new after our old forum got hacked, so info might not readily be available right now. But come February, you will find multiple daily pier reports, some smack talking, and always awesome pics from Ana Edwards.

Hey bud thankls for all the good info. We will probably be fishing from the surf but we will try some piers too. We tried our hand at shark fishing last year on that one really long pier across the street from that big ass strip mall aera on front beach road but to no avail. Was probably because they had a HUGE fireworks show the night before right on the end of the peir. Not really sure what you mean by flylining.. Is that like Pin rigging up here in va and nc? Anyways, ill try to remember this is up here so when the time rolls around ill send you a pm so we can meet up and fish. Its always good to have some local knowledge when fishing an aera youre not used to. Thanks again, And if ayone else has anything to say please chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by Samblam View Post
    Not really sure what you mean by flylining.. Is that like Pin rigging up here in va and nc?
    Definitely not like pin rigging. Leave that stuff at home, since none of the Gulf Coast piers allow the use of any sort of two rod trolley type setups. What he meant by flylining a bait is using a single treble hook, a wire leader and a swivel with no additional weight, floats or any extra tackle. Most people hook a dead bait through the head and work it like a twitch bait, this is referred to locally as snobbling. You can also flyline a live bait, though if the pier is crowded, sometimes the wind and current can make it difficult to fish a live bait among snobblers.

Thanks for the heads up bud. What kind if fish is usually used as a bait fish while live flylining?

Noob to the site, but PCB resident. Let me know when you come down.