Freshwater Report: Snakeheads in pond near Indian Head. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Snakeheads in pond near Indian Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchild View Post
    I wonder how they taste fried to golden brown and crispy?!?!
    Almost as good as bluegill. Heavenly...

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Hey 'Dre

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I fish for LMB so SH are a by catch to me ...I stuck them on jigs and crank baits this time of yr. My two winter time spots are four mile and duck pond.Between the two spots Duck pond is the better for BIG SH I saw a buddy stick a 12lbe'r a couple yrs ago [Jan] on a crank bait ....SH can be caught this time of yr Like the old saying go's ...You have to play to Win!!!!!!
    Hey Andre,

When you say Four Mile, are you referring to Four Mile Run? Lets hook up sometime and go out there. Drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
    If you catch a snakehead in Va, you have to report it.....

Snakehead Anglers may possess a snakehead taken from Virginia waters if they immediately kill the fish and notify VDGIF (see office
    fish listings on page 4 or call 804-367-2925.

By the way - this is a recorded voice-mail where you can leave a message.....the sh swat-team will not drop out of the trees to gang-tackle you, so relax! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
    Hey Andre,

When you say Four Mile, are you referring to Four Mile Run? Lets hook up sometime and go out there. Drop me a PM.
    Hey Milt
    Yeah Four mile run ......Will do on the PM

heyy

the man that said catfish are worst then snakehead i agree with alot with.
    mr dnr from va needs to find someone who cares about reporting them and chopping them up. lol
    we turning snake head fishing into our sport wen ever they catch up with us and thrpw a snakehead on the md/va fish records so we can have more fun with it they might be able to help themselves out with it.
    and american eel doesnt look like a snakehead??? i guess the dnr dude that came up with that one drank to many beers on his boat out there on a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
    Here is my new and improved snakehead worm....

This does much better in the weeds and has a more natural wiggle to it.

When you pull it through the water, it looks like a leach. I like red worms.

Notice that the hooks are at the furthest 'ends' of the worm - this is key.....also the worm should 'bunch up' a little more to make it appear more 'alive.'
    I liked you rig so much I made one of my own like yours! I used 6" Yamamoto Yamasenko worms. Nice and fat and the color is black and red. I will be up early next weekend fishing these down at my marina. A lot of big fish have been pulled there recently. Lot's of big Bass and Catfish. Quite a few Snakeheads also from a friend of mine. I will post pic's when I can.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234