Making Fishing Leaders - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making Fishing Leaders

I still need to get smaller crimps. The ones I have only work when the line (60lb test) is doubled thru the sleeve. I forget what size crimps I got, but they are like 40-80 or something like that. By reading the pack, I thought they would be ok for either single or double passage. I need smaller ones that will cinch down on the single strand to stop stuff from sliding. Overhand knots are working fine for this purpose temporarily though.

I only have the beads on the rig body. For the flapper rigs, the beads are at the swivels. For the fish finder rigs, the beads are on each side of the sinker slide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

you may want to like at Double Barrell Sleves..

10-4

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Question for Mark..

What's the advantages with the Flapper if compared to the Double Dropper Rig...?? Here's how I see it.. The Double dropper has less moving parts which means less of a chance of having something fail... Plus when using crimps to hold beads and swivels you risk the chance of over crimping and damaging your line, or not crimping with enough force and having your bead\hook leader slid down the rig during a hard cast.. I cant tell you how many times I had the bead go over the crimp.....

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    10-4
    The the beginning of your rig and the end... that is....

Quote Originally Posted by kmw21230 View Post
    The the beginning of your rig and the end... that is....
    Gotcha. My current crimps have been working well thus far at the two ends though. I'll show you on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by kmw21230 View Post
    Question for Mark..

What's the advantages with the Flapper if compared to the Double Dropper Rig...?? Here's how I see it.. The Double dropper has less moving parts which means less of a chance of having something fail... Plus when using crimps to hold beads and swivels you risk the chance of over crimping and damaging your line, or not crimping with enough force and having your bead\hook leader slid down the rig during a hard cast.. I cant tell you how many times I had the bead go over the crimp.....
    i answered this in whole in your email. but if your bead and hook swivel are sliding over your crimp maybe the hole the in bead is bigger than your crimp. know what i mean?

snelled a couple chs but i think the palomar is a better knot because it doubles the line through the hook eye and simple to tie, i even double the line when making an improved chinch knot. fingers were too cold sat. morning for rig making

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123