two mile jetty C.M.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two mile jetty C.M.

two mile jetty C.M.

Where exactly is the 2 mile jetty, and can people still fish from it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Flyersfan,

2 mile jetty is the jetty protecting the Cape May Inlet. If you go to the south end of Wildwood Crest (Diamond beach which is actually part of Lower Township) you can access it from either the beach or from Pacific Aveneue. It is former Coast Guard property and is still marked as such.

iYou can access the jetty between October 15th and April 15th.

I know there is a pretty good map on the internet, I'll search around for the link and post it when I find it.

Good luck & tight lines!

Correction, the Wildlife refuge and the jetty are open to the public from October 1 to MArch 31

here is the link

http://capemay.fws.gov/PublicAccessC...20Mile%20Beach

GO RANGERS

PS, never thought I be saying this but as a Giants fan, I sure as hell hope the Eagles win the division, that will hurt a lot less then the Cowboys!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

2 mile

Dave, thanks for the info on 2 mile jetty....
    My Dad lives in the Villas and when I went up we fished the rocks
    at the canal North C.M., I heard that 2 mile can be a hot spot....,
    and as for the Giants my wife grew up in Chatham NJ and is a
    Giants, Yankees fan. If it's gotta be.. the Giants or the Redskins above the Eagles.....but not the Cowboys. I think we share that
    thought.....BUT COME ON DAVE GO RANGERS !!!!!
    give me a break
    :barf:

Hey, it could worse, I could be an Islanders or Devils fan

Greetings All!

Newsflash... the Cowboys are dead! I hear they made them walk home after that second half in Philly last Sunday....

Eagles kill Cowboys

Big game tonight Jake,
    Devils at our house
    I'll be up in town to visit
    Flyers tonight
    Philly Diner Sunday for scraple

Go Flyers

Just remeber who won Lord Stanley cup

E A G L E S

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS

E
    A
    G
    L
    E
    S
    EAGLES!

You got that right !
    Eaglesfanguy.....
    Santa brought me all new Eagles gear!
    And get this he knew I would be at my In-laws in Atlanta...
    I tell ya that Santa he really amazes me.
    Saturday night...I hope the Giants fans will be watching.
    E..A..G..L..E..S..
    EAGLES

Ohh COCO
    the Flyers did win the Stanley Cup.
    They were the first expansion team to do so, and they did it twice,
    and they did it back to back....
    so

remember the song says "What have you done for me lately"

You know Coco, you're not this first one to say that to me, but
    I'm a typical Philly fan I'll just remember the GOOD OLE DAYS...
    And like Zepp "Our time is gonna come."

Happy Holidays to all.

If it must be, better the Eagles than the Cowboys. I have to be honest though, this season was such a let down that I probably won't even watch any of the playoffs.

With that said, I like the Eagles and the Pats for the big dance.

Good luck Jim Fassel, Thanks for all of your hard work!

Here's wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Greetings All!

I'm not really a fan, but I will watch a good game. Unfortunately, a lot of the Eagles' wins this year were fugly. It took a team as beat up as the Deadskins to make us look good, and we still lost another player. Philadelphia teams are known for choking -- I would never bet on the Beagles in a big game. They wanted a new stadium, and they got it. If they're not wearing superbowl rings in February, there will be a lot of backpeddling going on.

I wonder if they can use the rubble from the Vet to make a reef? If I remember right it cost $50 million back in the day... hate to see all that end up as landfill!

And since I'm "carping" about Philadelphia, I'd sure like to see them put a fishing pier in. Dave & Buster's raised their parking to $8.00, so I don't know how often I'll be using my neighborhood pier. Theres a beautiful deepwater pier right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge, just one good cast away from the shipping channel. Dare to dream....

Gawd I've got cabin fever already. Isn't even January yet.... Hope I make it to April!

Jake,

I here ya!

It's going to be a long 3 and a half months.

I went bow hunting for the last time (this year) on Sunday Morning. When my buddy and I walked out of the woods I immediatley started making plans for April.

This settles it, I need to hit Lotto so I can spend the 1st quarter of the year in Florida!!!

Cabin fever has hit me also I doing more channal surfing and book reading video watching and it's still not working Hurry up Springtime!

Greetings David!

Yeah, watching those fishing shows on tv never made me feel better. In fact, they made the itch worse! Theres just no substitute for real fishing....

there is no need to fish the rock pile at the inlet, fishing under the toll bridge it's great, may and june, you can catch blues weaks tog stipers and flounder just wade out on the start of the incoming tide. great spot to fish without walking to the jetty.by the way flyers rule!!!

buddha:jawdrop:
    Last edited by outcastn41; 03-18-2004 at 12:18 AM.

I like fishing under the toll bridge also… I use to like it when I use to be able to drive my jeep up to the water… now parking is eh.

flyers rule!!! No I think you meant to say the RANGERS rule… LOL

I'm caught between trying to get out on the jetty before they close it on April 1 and timing the Striper run. Maybe I'll just forget about the jetty and go visit dad when the water warms up a little.

OOh... no plove he was right. Flyers rule

Flyersfan,

I've never fished the jetty, when I'm down there it's either by the toll bridge or up to the other side of the island and fish the rocks in North Wildwood.

plove53,
    I hear you, it was great when you could pull in and park on the sand. I remeber when and why the stopped allowing it. My son and I happened to be on the Royal Flush on the night trip. As we passed through the drwa bridge we could see some guy with his new (looked that way) SUV swamped up to the doors in water. He had apparently driven out on the beach earlier and was attempting to leave after the tide had started to come in. He got stuck driving through the little creek that empty's the marsh. Shortly therafter the gate went up and no vehicles were allowed on the beach. Now we all have to park down the road and lug our gear to the beach (another reason I fish North Wildwood, I can park closer to the beach).

The one small silver lining is that since vehicle access was prohibitted, you no longer have to dodge the personal water craft that people had started launching from the beach!

jetty

there are plenty of good spots around the area. If you are familiar with the area, the jetty at higbee beach is good, the two jetties between the whalers cove in north cape may are good, the george redding bridge going into wildwood and the route 109 bridge goimnng into cape may are good. The half bridge in north wildwood at dads place marina is good too.

RuddeDogg said it right. There are plenty of great places to fish all over Cape May County. From the Point jetties to Ocean City. Loads of bridges, jetties, sod banks, beaches, docks, piers, you name it. On any given night you can start in Cape May and work your way North catching fish all the way using any number of techniques. It's all breaking open now - in case you didn't know. Stripers are out there for the taking! I'm heading out tonight and tomorrow - bridges tonight, Del. bay Sat..

Ed,
    thanks for the update, I'm going up right after Easter. I love fishing in my home state, nothing against the beaches down here in Va. It's just that NJ has more open shore line that is not
    private property. Down here you get to fish longer and earlier each year, but it's hard to get access to the water. I know there is alot of shore line out there on the Eastern shore but it's a bit of a drive from Richmond. Besides when I go to NJ I can visit Mom, Pop and the other 100 or so relatives in Souf Jersey. And say hi to Lucy the elephant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast