kitty hawk trout

Thread: kitty hawk trout

kitty hawk trout

Ill be in kitty hawk friday for some weekend fishing from the surf at Avalon pier north to Wilkins st. would like to know which colors are working good, Ill be throwing grubs primarily with some gulp as well. Also is the bite decent at night? Im hearing some larger specs are hitting then. Thanks guys for any input you will share. Remember Im not asking for your honey hole just a choice of flavor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I would try the glow in the dark Gulp!

Trout baits

Best baits for specks are Mirrolures in 68m or TT series. Colors 21 and 808 for daytime, PD(purple demon) and NS (night stalker) black at night. As far a soft baits go, Gulp is the best, been doing well with chartreuse, white and new penny. Catch 'em up bud.
    Last edited by STOKES; 11-06-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: misspelling

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Stokes, I have all that in my arsnail of trout lures, Ill be heading down this afternoon and will give the specs a shot tonight.

Assassin 4" sea shad in slv.ph/chart.tl has been the ticket this fall from the line to the inlet.

thanks seabear, I have those also plus some rootbeer with green tip paddle tails that work also, hopefully there will be fish for the grill over the weekend, I just hope the bite is still strong oceanfront side, I dont really travel to the soundside very much. Tightlines and thanks again.

Got back today from kittyhawk, Saturday was awesome for specs. I had 4 withen an hour with a couple in the 3 pound range by 8am. I had to leave and do the breakfast thing with the family and came back later and the bite was still on all day. Black body yellow tail grubs were real popular. I went back at night but tide was dead low and got one on my purple deamon mirrorlure. Today was a different story, this morning was light action and sporadic. Some were caught but few and far between. I had to leave a 8am again so I dont know if it picked up or not with the incoming tide.

Nice report

Thanks for the report. I plan to head to the OBX Saturday and begin fishing Sunday. Do you mind sharing specifics on where you fished? Sounds like a great Saturday bite.

The trout line started just out of casting range from the avalon pier north to the second beach access by vehicle off the beach road. June bug was the name of one of the grubs of flavor. You can drive on the beach or park in the north corner and step over the parking lot wall. The locals tell me its tolerated in the fall since the lots not full but Im sure the pier masters aren't thrilled.

Don't let Howard see you walking over to fish the beach- your vehicle will be towed.

thanks for sharing

Can't say I blame Howard at all, people do pay for fishing on the pier but it is sooooo convienent .