Help save Cape Hatteras National Park for ORV access

Thread: Help save Cape Hatteras National Park for ORV access

Help save Cape Hatteras National Park for ORV access

Hello everyone I wanted to take a moment and please ask for your support in asking everyone to help save the beaches at Cape Hatteras National Recreational Park.
    In April of this year the beaches were closed to fishing, swimming, surfing, shell collecting and family time on the beach because of special interest groups. The special interest groups took the management out of the National Park Service hands to manage it under a "consent decree" This has caused massive devistation to the economy causing loss of jobs, forclosure's on homes and up to a 41% drop in local business on the island. Hatteras island has no manufacture's, no large scale retail chains so the island depends on local business owners and the tourism in which to live. Please take a moment to check out www.islandfreepress.org then take 2 minutes to sign the petition below. Your help is urgent in this matter. Thank you
    Regards,
    B. Trotter

http://www.gopetition.com/online/18790.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

No offense, but I think most of us have already signed this. I believe this is either the 3rd or 4th time this has been posted here...although not by you. I was also under the impression that the time had expired already to present the petition.

sprtsracer - This petition is ongoing. There will be a legislative hearing on H.R. 6233 in the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands on Thursday, September 11th. This is one of the next events that require the show of support for access to CHNSRA. This and the companion Senate Bill S3131 are still in committee. They need to get voted out of committe and to the floors. Once there voted on again to pass into law. As long as this process is ongoing, this petition and others efforts like it need to continue to show the ongoing support of free and open access.

I would not be surprised to see this subject brought up on the this board again. There are many potential supporters who are new to this board and infrequent visitors to the board that could offer additional support for this very important cause.

Be aware that this is not just a North Carolina issue. If these special interest group are allowed to win this battle, they will try again elsewhere. It could end up being in anyone's backyard or favorite recreation area.

Everyone who reads this needs to have their family and friends sign this petition. You can bet the other side is trying to do the same thing.

For more information on this issue at CHNSRA and it's history go to: http://islandfreepress.org/

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

MRC Thanks

That is correct. This thursday is another big day for us here in the carolina's please click on the link below and it will demonstrate how the Defenders of Wildlife and the Audubon is trying to shut down. Please dont take me wrong. I am 100 percent in preserving our wildlife because I am a hunter and a fisherman and I like to protect our resources. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me direct at [email protected]

Regards,
    Brian
    (This map is NOT just in NC This is dealing with the oyster catcher not any other species)
    http://www.ncsu.edu/project/grsmgis/AMOY/Banding.htm

Come on Folks

http://www.gopetition.com/online/18790.html

Click and help save hatteras island for free and open access. Your help is needed and much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Congratulations. You have successfully signed the petition:
    Cape Hatteras Access Preservation Alliance.

You are signer #11785
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    “To be is to do - Socrates / To do is to be - Sartre / Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra” -- Kurt Vonnegut

Tried to sign again they would not allow it... salt