Y'all havn trouble with Mudhole?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Y'all havn trouble with Mudhole?

Y'all havn trouble with Mudhole?

I sure am...Sending me wrong supplies. Not responding to let me know when they get an order. And now they are shipping my orders to the wrong address. I am gonna talk to them (probably tomorrow) but I figured I throw this up on the board to see what ya'll think.

I feel like we live in a world where people don't care. Right now, I wish Mudhole did.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

This is precisely why I don't order from them, along with exorbitant shipping charges. 8.95 to ship a spool of thread, I don't think so. There are much better suppliers out there to get rod building supplies from.

they got too big for their britches....and service went in the shiter.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Sooooooo

Who do I go with?

Well, at the risk of being edited, my favorites, in order are:

Fishsticks4u - Great folks! Ray and Robert are good people.
    AcidRod - on the west coast, but equally great folks! Mark and Colleen are top notch.
    Johnny's Pond - Has killer prices on thread and some hard to find stuff.
    A local shop named Bishop's in Yorktown.

Yea ward. Ive been getting my shizanit from Acidrod lately.....

Well, and from the other angle, I just ordered a $1.65 winding check from Mudhole. It was one of those deals when I just didn't need anything else and I didn't want to buy stuff just to make the shipping costs reasonable. Soooo, I called Mudhole and told them the situation and they said no problem, we'll just drop it in an envelope and send it to you. And they did. Total cost for the winding check with shipping was $2.95.

I use mudhole pretty much as a last resort.

Since I'm not far from FS4u I typically ride over and get what I need from them. I'll use other suppliers, but only if I can't get it from my first choice.

You do have to talk to mudhole, and any other supplier that charges shipping based on order total. You can order a set of guides that costs $20.00, or a set that cost $200.00 It doesn't make any sense to pay more for shipping the set of expensive guides, just because they are more expensive.
    And the suppliers shipping cost is typically the same in either case.

They know this, and if you talk to them they will generally work with you, to some extent. If they won't-- look elsewhere.

Oh- I once ordered a reel seat from mudhole, specified gold and they sent silver- I called them and they immediately shipped the correct one---

and let me keep the wrong one at no cost.

I have been sent wrong or incorrect items by many suppliers, most are more than willing to remedy the situation.

Mudhole has always treated me very good. Mistakes do happen (with any supplier) but it's nothing a phone call won't fix.

I'm with Clyde, Mudhole takes pretty good care of me when I order from them. Also Ray and Robert great guys to work with. I also like Merrick, and Acid Rod. Johnny's Pond has the best price on Madeira, and has some hard to find stuff.

IMO if you're having a problem with a supplier, pick up the phone and let them know.

I get a lot of material from mudhole and have had no troubles with them.

Ray and Robert at fishsticks are good people. They provide great service. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jcreamer View Post
    I get a lot of material from mudhole and have had no troubles with them.
    Same here. For awhile, they were charging me a restock fee for stuff I returned but they stopped doing that...

Sandcrab

i learned how to turn from mark and doc ski, at acid rod, there the only ones i work with great group of folks that and colleen makes a wicked drink

mark

bump

Bump this old thread cause they screwed me again.....ordered lite build and got reg thread master....I guess I'll never learn...

Acid Rod
    FS4U
    J pond
    Merrick

What are some other good ones??? Must be nice to have buisness so good that customer service doesn't matter. Tried to talk to them at the rod building expo and they treated me like crap. I made a purchase anyway and they did not ask me if I found everything Ok...and they did not thank me for my buisness. I work retail and customer service is the only thing I have for free. Trust me, it makes a big difference.

I'll talk to them and I am sure they will try to make it right...but this pattern of messing up my orders is laughable at this point!

SO BUMP. Bump for crappy service from mudhole. HA! I made a funny!!! Crappy,,,Mudhole...Get it? Pardon the pun.

I guess I'm just lucky. Ordered over $600 worth of supplies from them this week without a hitch, as always........

Their face to face sucked at the show. Seemed like they were too busy to be there but just sat at the booth to take orders. I really like Fishsticks. Scott is a great guy to work with and best of all he is in my back yard right here in Raleigh. I think I told you at the show, I know I told Ryan, but if you need big sticks and dont want to pay shipping let me know. I can pick up and get it to you on a fishing trip. Apart from there I like Merrick. I do still go to mudhole if I need something that I cannot get from either of the other two due to back order.

Side note: Scott at Fishsticks owns Threadmaster. Why not buy direct as opposed to going through a third party.

I havent had a real problem with Mudhole. Other than not being notified if a item is on backorder untill I reciece the order a few guides short. I do however shop fishsticks as often as I can. Scott is a great guy and offers great service. I have even drove over 2 hours just to buy from him before. At the expo I spent 90% of my money with Scott at fishsticks. I also just started using Merrick,no complaints there. I have used acidrod a few times and have never had a item on backorder. But there shipping time is pretty slow here lately. I really try to shop local if I can I would much rather keep my money in my community if possible, so I may be a little biased with Fishsticks.

No problems with mudhole.

Bump again....

Thats right...Bump again. Bump again for the wrong grips on the same order...Bump mudhole.

BUMP everytime they screw up....

Wrong grips=another bump

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachcaster View Post
    Thats right...Bump again. Bump again for the wrong grips on the same order...Bump mudhole.

BUMP everytime they screw up....

Wrong grips=another bump

That is suprising. I have only had one incorrect item shipped to me out of dozens of orders from them. I'd probably have taken them off my supplier list if I had as many problems as you have had.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly21 View Post
    Their face to face sucked at the show. Seemed like they were too busy to be there but just sat at the booth to take orders. I really like Fishsticks. Scott is a great guy to work with and best of all he is in my back yard right here in Raleigh. I think I told you at the show, I know I told Ryan, but if you need big sticks and dont want to pay shipping let me know. I can pick up and get it to you on a fishing trip. Apart from there I like Merrick. I do still go to mudhole if I need something that I cannot get from either of the other two due to back order.

Side note: Scott at Fishsticks owns Threadmaster. Why not buy direct as opposed to going through a third party.

So they have a store here now I will have to check them out.

Just call ahead of time as he does not keep regular hours.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly21 View Post
    Just call ahead of time as he does not keep regular hours.
    Cool thanks for the tip. Does he have a store front or is it mostly online? mostly I just want to feel a couple of blanks before I make my choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast